Hide
7 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Best Card Combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
What is the best card combo that you have ever had as a Marine? Mine was Efficient Killer, Crackshot and Careful. It took entire legions of demons to take me down, and my shotgun became my deadliest weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Junttila
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
That would be Scout plus Recon. Going after the keys is a lot easier, although this makes the game less exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
Thats not a bad combo. I never got to try it out, but moving through invaders seems helpful, seeing that I'm often caught out when the invader player forces me to fight through a wall of invaders. Perhaps I'll give that combo a try. Did you think of swapping Scout for a combat orientated ability to use when you have to fight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but we always played with the Mod that let's marine build their team (assign the cards to each marine as they wish) which sees a big carnage every turn.
One not mentioned yet was the Assassin one (extra damage if you have aim) with one that always give you aim if you advance plus 2 extra damage on red dice, base damage of 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
If I remember correctly you mean the card Perfect Aim. I considered that combo once as a 'sniper' combo. Is that the role you play in games when using that combo? I also learnt the hard way that, while aim can fix a missed shot, rerolling a shot that hit seems, more often to not, to end up being a miss. Generally the marine orders seem useless as they just slow the marines down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ground Assault and/or Spec Ops combined with Killer Instinct is pretty effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.