Vintage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several rules questions (standard rules) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Augusto
msg tools
Alll questions refering to the Stardard Rules

#1 Planting vineyard
Do we only plant *one* vineyard in *one* of the estates? Or do we plant one *kind* of vineyard (ex: white - Tinta Roriz) in all estates we want to?

#2 Harvesting
When choosing harvesting we harvest all estates we want (and can). But are the other players also allowed to harvest? Because the rules say "players"...

#3 Moving the boat
What is the point of the harbours in each estate? I didn't fully understood if the boat needs to travel only through the 4 major harbours of the river Douro or if it needs to travel within those secondary rivers into the different estates.
Also, in my turn can i spend more than one action at one time (not as in one now, another in my second turn)? And i will get to do one move on the boat per action i have spent, right?

# Cards
I can use a card in my turn, before or after playing my action?
Can i play all the cards i want in one turn or can i only use one card?
If i don't have any more actions to play (they have more estates than i have and so play more turns than i do), does the turn order still passes through me and does it allows me to play cards then?

# Harvesting + 2 wine barrels
Does this card allows me to execute a standard harvest (all estates) and adds 2 barrels to one of the harvests, or it just allows me to add 2 barrels to one of the harvests (do not execute harvesting)?

# Enologist bonus
I get to see only *one* 'harvest bonus', right?
Also, when upgrading the barrels i got to the warehouse (from the cellars), the barrels i upgrade are also bound to the class limits? For example, if i have 2 LBV barrels, i can only upgrade 1 LBV into a Vintage because the Vintage has only one space? LBV would be left still with one barrel, allowing me to only promote yet another 1 barrel to LBV, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Alll questions refering to the Stardard Rules

#1 Planting vineyard
Do we only plant *one* vineyard in *one* of the estates? Or do we plant one *kind* of vineyard (ex: white - Tinta Roriz) in all estates we want to?
- You only plant *one* vineyard in *one* of the estates.

#2 Harvesting
When choosing harvesting we harvest all estates we want (and can). Yes!
But are the other players also allowed to harvest? No!

#3 Moving the boat
Each sub-region have ONE harbour only!
The boat needs to travel only through the 4 major harbours of the river Douro!
Also, in my turn can i spend more than one action at one time (not as in one now, another in my second turn)? Yes.
And i will get to do one move on the boat per action i have spent, right? Correct.

# Cards (in simple rules)
I can use a card in my turn, before or after playing my action?
(In Simple rules) you can a card before or after the action. You choose.
Can i play all the cards i want in one turn or can i only use one card?
(in simple rules) All cards you want.
...does the turn order still passes through me and does it allows me to play cards then? (in simple rules) If you have cards yes!

# Harvesting + 2 wine barrels
Does this card allows me to execute a standard harvest (all estates) and adds 2 barrels to one of the harvests, or it just allows me to add 2 barrels to one of the harvests (do not execute harvesting)?
- Just allows you to add 2 barrels to one of the harvests (do not execute harvesting). Remember there are a limit of barrels per harvesting - it’s 6 barrels. You cannot use this card in an harvesting that already have 6 barrels.

# Enologist bonus
I get to see only *one* ‘harvest bonus’, right?
- Correct!
Also, when upgrading the barrels i got to the warehouse (from the cellars), the barrels i upgrade are also bound to the class limits?
- Yes, that’s correct.
For example, if i have 2 LBV barrels, i can only upgrade 1 LBV into a Vintage because the Vintage has only one space?
- Yes, that’s correct.
LBV would be left still with one barrel, allowing me to only promote yet another 1 barrel to LBV, right?
- Yes, that’s correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Augusto
msg tools
Iiiik, forgot to subscribe to this thread and only noticed your answer now.

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.