Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the rules have a ton of ambiguity in them because of the translations I suspect. So I have several questions. Some of these questions might be me reading into the rules too much.

1) At the beginning of the game, a player who selects the "pants" board gets a trend token on their design cards that are pants. If I understand this correctly it is because your business specializes in creating pants.

My question (if I understood everything correctly) is: Does this business specialization affect the rest of the game? What I mean, is every time I draw a random design or grab a design do I get a trend token on it if it matches my player board design specialization?

2) Am I correct in saying any Q's you get from buying goods during a preparation round are used in the fashion show and after the fashion show discarded? In other words if a player puts their pawn on area eight, buys a good (and therefore gets three q's), during the fashion show are those q's required to be used for the fashion show, or can some or all be saved for the next fashion show?

OK the following questions are subject to a few rules and may not apply if one part of the answer is yes or no.....damn I wish I could make the questions clearer....

4) I assume trend tokens selected from area 9 do not have to be used during the next fashion show if a player doesn't want to. If that is the case, do any q, trend, or PR tokens have to be used during a show (other than those which come on design cards)? If they don't, am I correct in saying fashion show player order matters, because lets say player one has four qs, player two has three, and player three has two. If player one decides to play three q's, player two could play two q's for second place, and player three decides a tie is not worth it so player 3 decides to save the q till the next turn? However, if this is true this seems odd considering if you bought goods, and didn't use them in this fashion show, those q's could be transfered to designs that contained goods that were not part of a q reward purchase. So in other words, do all q's obtained via goods purchases have to be used regardless in the next fashion show?

4a (clarification) So if you have to use the q's with cards you placed the goods on, then how does one divide the q's among the goods purchased if not all the goods are used during the fashion show because of incomplete designs?

5) Last question, does a player have to immediately assign any goods/materials they buy to a design? I assume the answer is no goods do not have to be designated to a design right away. However, if the answer is yes goods purchased must be assigned to a design immediately (if possible), then is it possible that a player buys a good in area 8, receives three qs and then uses those q's in the fashion month even if that good is not used to make the final designs displayed in the fashion show?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Every design that matches your board earns you a bonus trend when it is part of your collection during the fashion show. You get an additional trend token for each design in hand that matches your player board as a one-time bonus at the beginning of the game.

2) I understand the rules as: All tokens are used during the fashion show and none carry over. I could be wrong, but I do not think so. What solidifies this for me are the buildings and employees that have permenant markers; they help avoid collection of as many of a token type each round and this increases their value.

4) Same as 2.

5) No. When you play your collection during the fashion show you turn in the material cubes for each "completed" design.

Edit: Spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
1) Every design that matches your board earns you a bonus trend when it is part of your collection during the fashion show. You get an additional trend token for each design in hand that matches your player board as a one-time bonus at the beginning of the game.

2) I understand the rules as: All tokens are used during the fashion show and none carry over. I could be wrong, but I do not think so. What solidiocies this for me are the buildings and employees that have permenant markers; they help avoid collection of as many of a token type each round and this increases their value.

4) Same as 2.

5) No. When you play your collection during the fashion show you turn in the material cubes for each "completed" design.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

So you get 2 trend tokens for your starting design???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I don't think so. As far I as I understand from all the discussions here, a "trendy design," i.e. one that matches your design type, only gets one trend marker regardless of whether you got it during set-up or purchased it later in the game. The trend marker will only count in the fashion show if it is part of a finished collection

Reading the designer's responses: Re: Set-up rules questions reinforces this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
atomike wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

Based on the link Richard provided he is correct. I either missed in the rules (or the games designer needed to clarify and did in that thread) that design cards are open information and remain on the table. This explains why the rules state "place a trend marker on designs that match your player board" in the setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Bosco Paiva Lopes
Brazil
Santo André
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
atomike wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

Based on the link Richard provided he is correct. I either missed in the rules (or the games designer needed to clarify and did in that thread) that design cards are open information and remain on the table. This explains why the rules state "place a trend marker on designs that match your player board" in the setup.

But if you read the "where to get chart", on page 20, it´s said that you get trends "for each design in the finished collection that is of the same type as the type on player´s board".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bafo de Onca wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
atomike wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

But if you read the "where to get chart", on page 20, it´s said that you get trends "for each design in the finished collection that is of the same type as the type on player´s board".

I wonder if this means you don't actually get the trend tokens until you present the collection. This is one of the problems with the rules...timing..when do things happen. It is possible to interpret that you get the trend token right away when you pick up the design, it is also possible to interpret you get the trend token when you present, and I suppose it is possible to interpret both when you get the card and when you present. I think an FAQ from the author would be awesome. I really like this game and a few clarifications would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
johnnyspys wrote:

I wonder if this means you don't actually get the trend tokens until you present the collection. This is one of the problems with the rules...timing..when do things happen. It is possible to interpret that you get the trend token right away when you pick up the design, it is also possible to interpret you get the trend token when you present, and I suppose it is possible to interpret both when you get the card and when you present. I think an FAQ from the author would be awesome. I really like this game and a few clarifications would be great.

When you get a Design that matches your speciality or that has a Trend token on it, you put a Trend token on the Design (or two if both are the case - in principle you could have a Design worth 3 Trend). If a Design is part of your finished collection, you put any Trend tokens on it into your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.