Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I just unwrapped "Small World," and, upon reading the rules, developed a few questions. I didn't see any solid answers on the threads, but forgive me if I missed one.

1) In the Setup section of the rulebook, it says you are supposed to make a column of 6 race/badge sets from which players choose, including the bottom one, which is a stack of the remaining race/badge sets. I noticed that there are 6 more badges than race banners, meaning that, the way i interpret the rules, the badge stack will be 6 higher than the race banner stack. Is this correct, or did I miss something about discarding 6? It just seems odd that the stacks wouldn't be even height.

2) When entering into Decline, I noted that you are to "discard" your badge (unless otherwise noted). Does this mean to put it on the bottom of the badge stack, or to remove it from the game? The reason I ask is because, just three paragraphs later, it specifically says to place the race banner at the bottom of the stack, or at the lowest available point in the column, but it doesn't specify what to do with the badge, it just says to "discard it."

Maybe more questions to come, but in the meantime, thanks in advance!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Iceblood
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
Hi everyone! First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I just unwrapped "Small World," and, upon reading the rules, developed a few questions. I didn't see any solid answers on the threads, but forgive me if I missed one.

1) In the Setup section of the rulebook, it says you are supposed to make a column of 6 race/badge sets from which players choose, including the bottom one, which is a stack of the remaining race/badge sets. I noticed that there are 6 more badges than race banners, meaning that, the way i interpret the rules, the badge stack will be 6 higher than the race banner stack. Is this correct, or did I miss something about discarding 6? It just seems odd that the stacks wouldn't be even height.

2) When entering into Decline, I noted that you are to "discard" your badge (unless otherwise noted). Does this mean to put it on the bottom of the badge stack, or to remove it from the game? The reason I ask is because, just three paragraphs later, it specifically says to place the race banner at the bottom of the stack, or at the lowest available point in the column, but it doesn't specify what to do with the badge, it just says to "discard it."

Maybe more questions to come, but in the meantime, thanks in advance!

meeple

1) There are more powers than races.
2) Discard it. If you run out of powers/races, shuffle them, and make a new stack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
warlin wrote:
2) If you run out of powers/races, shuffle them, and make a new stack

This is incorrect. As the OP noticed, race banners are placed on the bottom of the stack. Power badges are simply discarded because it is practically impossible to run out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for clarifying! I was pretty sure I was interpreting the rules correctly, but I just wanted to make sure.

zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
warlin wrote:
2) If you run out of powers/races, shuffle them, and make a new stack

This is incorrect. As the OP noticed, race banners are placed on the bottom of the stack. Power badges are simply discarded because it is practically impossible to run out of them.

Or alternatively, get yourself several expansions and you wont have to worry about running out of races too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.