mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
If in the advanced 2 card version, a bird wants what another bird wants, does it have to fulfill all cards of that bird or just the one in the same row? (Same question for the Level 5 Cards)

Also, Lets say that Yellow whats what yellow wants and yellow wants to be next to Red.

If Yellow is not next to red, is this -2 pts or -1 pt?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, according to the rules both dreams of a bird have to be fulfilled, if a card is referring to that.

Example: White has two dreams, e.g. white wants to sit next to red and opposite of yellow. If pink has the same wish as white (i.e. the card that says this), then also pink wants to sit both next to red and opposite of yellow.

For your second example: I understand it, that yellow has two cards. The first one is, it wants what yellow wants (i.e. it is a joker, as it is referring to itself.). There is no minus point for this card, but if yellow is not next to red, then you have to get one minus point for that one, i.e. -1 in total.

It is easiest not to count the minus points for animals but for the cards: Go through every single card and decide, if you have to get a minus point or if you fulfilled the dream. This is also recommended by the rules, that say that you check the cards on the light row (i.e. the top row) first and then check the cards on the dark row (i.e. the lower row) of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

So the rules as stated mean:

If red wants what yellow wants, and that yellow wants 2 different things, red either meet both of those requirements or doesn't. So, if red meets neither requirements, or just 1 requirement, only -1 is scored.

(This would apply similarly for wanting the opposite.)

I suppose a variant could give you a minus 1 for every card you don't meet. (allowing more than just -2 for a given bird)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.