3 Posts

Master Labyrinth» Forums » General

Subject: My experience with this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Short version:

2-player is likely to be a rather heavy experience, it gets lighter with more people.

Other version:

This game is practically the foundation of my colection. It was a present to the nine year old me in 1995, was played a few times and then forgotten. But when i came to the hobby on christmas a year ago, after i had bought carcassonne on a whim for christmas and owned 5 expansions for it 3 weeks later, i started gathering all the boardgames in my house. It took another year for this gem to get played again, but on December 23rd 2011 it finally got to the table.

It was intended as the nightcap after a fun evening of Ticket to Ride Europe, Friesematenten and Cyclades, a short, light game before bedtime. We were only 2 players at that point, my opponent being my favorite chess-companion, which might have contributed to our experience.

We set up and learned the rules within five minutes. then the work began. considering all possible routes, identifying the efficient ones and executing our plans proved to be hard. this turned out to be more of a brainhurter than a game of chess. It took us about an hour to finish, with me leading by about 90 points.

Afterwards we were speechless. This game was the heaviest experience we'd had in a while, but it also was a lot of fun. Especially the rule that everything pushed off one side of the board immediately reappears on the other side makes the strategy in this game. It gets less meaty when more people are playing, since you cant plan your next moves quite as well, but it loses none of the fun. I have played this game with my family over the holidays, three four-player games that were short, fun experiences for all of us. But i will not soon forget this game when i am looking for a meaty 2-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the nice review. I own this game, but usually we play the previous version the Amazing labyrinth. It makes me feel that i want to try this one after reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
glad i could help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.