Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First play with my daughter today. A few questions.

(1) Do you move all the Mystery Inc characters at once? Do you ever split them up?
(2) What does it mean to play a location on top of another? For example, The Crypt says that it must be played on a Franken Castle location.
2a. Do the monsters on the base location apply to the stacked location?
2b. You don't add the fright values, do you?
2c. If you search the top location, is the base location considered searched as well?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Woodward
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Tod may disagree but this is what I say.

The team moves together. But a good house rule is they can split up in groups in attached locations. For example your Franken Castle and crypt because they are attached. The villain player can then move or "chase" team members from one attached location to another also. The italics are house rules and not 'official' rules.

My original intention though was that the Master location had to be investigated first, before another location can be played on it though, so splitting the team isn't an option there. But the game is supposed to be as if you are the team in an episode and we know they tend to split up and look at different locations within a Master location. But they don't investigate "Franken Castle" and "The Big Top" at the same time.

Monsters are only in the location played so monsters in the main castle are not also in the crypt. So 2b is moot.

All locations are separate and need to be investigated separately. Minor locations, such as the crypt, within a main location like the castle, just allow you to get more clues. Master - 1, Major - 2 and Minor - 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian. We are having a lot of fun with the game. My 7 year old daughter really likes it (I gave it to her for Christmas) and I always enjoy playing it with her. Good times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.