Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose which God tile to take or are you limited to the top ones in the 2 piles. It doesn't make any sense if there are 2 similar Gods on both tiles and you can't get any below that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - just the top two tiles...however, you're certainly welcome to play with house rules and change that...

Alternatively, you could play with 3 stacks, so that you'll always have 2 options at least until the third stack is gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the designer......"I know one such question concerned the god tiles. In the current version of t=
he game, it's true that only the top two tiles are available. In my prototyp=
e version I had all six available. I think HiG made the change in order to a=
ccentuate a player's need to be flexible with his strategy, at least as it c=
oncerns the gods. I appreciate that having only two choices can create frust=
ration for a player, especially if the two face-up gods are the same. If the=
god is not of interest to you, it's usually best to just do something else.=
However, if you really do want more control, you could come up with a house=
rule. For example, you could pair up the god tiles then shuffle three such p=
airs together for each pile. This way at least you would never have two of t=
he same god turn up. I haven't tested that of course, but it's an idea."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Voicu
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
skeletodoc wrote:
From the designer (...) "However, if you really do want more control, you could come up with a house rule. For example, you could pair up the god tiles then shuffle three such pairs together for each pile."

We have played successfully several games with two 3-god piles, dividing the gods using the rules order: Ku, Kane and Pele in the first pile, and Lono, Laka and Kanaola in the second pile.

So there are always two different gods on the top of the piles:
- one god, from the 1st pile, that is useful from the beginning (giving you feet or shells),
- one god, from the 2nd pile, that can be useful near the end of the game, giving you points (for fruit icons, for ships/surfers or for reaching the requested "point target" for the round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
I rather like the offical ruling precisely as it is. If both gods are the same, so what, that's an interesting position. You don't get a choice anyway if/when one pile runs out.

Gods can be like this in real life too, so absolutely no thematic problems here either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.