Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: with nongamers: MoM, Civ, or wait for gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Dexter Ward
msg tools
So the wrapping paper is off and I got Mansions of Madness and Civilization . I am with my nongamer family. Which game would best sustain itself for nongamers as being short, simple, easy to expl4ain, and fun! Or should I just wait to be with my gamer friends. Sorry for errors im on my phone and this is difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to play MoM if your family is into storytelling and such. Which version of Civ did you get? i assume you got Civilization: the boardgame... But it really doesn't matter. I regard all Civ-game as too much to handle for a non-gamer family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
MoM with you as the keeper. Civ will be complicated for non-takers; MoM won't be too bad if you limit the description to just what they can do, and you can 'adjust' as the Keeper for a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played them, but I can't imagine either being non-gamer friendly. I would wait to play with gamers, especially if I wanted to receive games as gifts again next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MoM. You can basically explain it as Clue on steroids, the mechanics are easy to grasp (at least, for the investigators), and the puzzles have this physical element that can make for an enjoyable experience for almost anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.