Hide
4 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions after first session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Stephens
msg tools
Currently playing my first ever session of Runewars and I've got a couple of questions that have come up during play.

1. Can you attempt diplomacy with routed units?
2. On some city tokens there is an image of hero cards, yet the Rally Support order card doesn't make mention of picking up hero cards, except obviously through the supremacy bonus. Whats the deal there?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Do you mean with your own routed units, or routed neutrals? No to the former, since you can't move routed units. Yes to the latter; and note that its been ruled by the designer that if you use a grey result against routed neutrals, they do retreat (an exception to the normal "routed units can't move" rule).

2) You may be using the misprinted cities; the game should have come with an extra punch sheet containing set of corrected city tokens (and a corrected Latari Elves faction sheet). The misprints showed hero cards; the correct tokens have influence, tactics cards, and quest cards.

EDIT: Changed "not" to "note" in #1; the designer DID rule on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stephens
msg tools
Yes, as it turns out I forgot to throw out the misprinted city tiles, and I was using a mix of the correct ones and misprinted ones.Thanks for you help.

Just so I'm sure I've got the correct faction sheet for the elves, what were the differences between the misprinted and correct ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
The misprinted sheet has the wrong ressources marked red (as starting ressources), the 2 Food 3 Wood is the correct one matching their home realm's ressources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.