Subject: Bottom Car during Income Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems the English rules has a typo and an unclarity about the bottom car in the income phase.

The first question mark part is clear. Draw a single cube randomly from the bag.

Then it states if the next two spots are clear draw one material of choice (if both are empty draw 2 materials). Surely this is a typo and should mean draw one cube for one empty space, draw two for two empty spaces?

Then to the unclarity. Are the two slots additional to the random draw (as is the case with two other cars), or do these override the random draw so you get to choose rather than rely on chance? Basically, with one empty spot do I draw one random and choose another building material, or just choose one building material?

Apart from that the game has been a very pleasant surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
voynitsky wrote:
Then it states if the next two spots are clear draw one material of choice (if both are empty draw 2 materials). Surely this is a typo and should mean draw one cube for one empty space, draw two for two empty spaces?

I'm not sure I understand your confusion. It means 'do what the open icon says you should do'. If one such image is open, you take one cube of choice. If in total two are open, you take in total two cubes of choice.

Quote:
Then to the unclarity. Are the two slots additional to the random draw (as is the case with two other cars), or do these override the random draw so you get to choose rather than rely on chance?

No, they do not override anything. The rule is, as I indicated 'do what the open icon says you should do'; those icons are not modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

The way you've written now it would be much clearer in the actual rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.