Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
How have people been doing it?

When you have more than a couple breakaways, sometimes it's hard to keep track of who earned a slipstream, since the ones in front move first.

I've been doing it by, before moving anyone, turning all the ones who will get to slipstream backwards. Not very thematic though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda same here. We've always nudged them slightly.

But ideally, the manager hoping for some slipstream for his cyclist should pay attention to whether he's actually getting it, or even try to talk the breakaway companion into giving him some!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Garf wrote:
Kinda same here. We've always nudged them slightly.

But ideally, the manager hoping for some slipstream for his cyclist should pay attention to whether he's actually getting it, or even try to talk the breakaway companion into giving him some!

Yeah I've been using the "nudge" to designate who got to the same spot (width-wise) more recently and then gets to go first next turn.
For slipstreaming rather than turn them backwards, now I've been pointing them "out" about 30 degrees from straightahead, that's at least a little more thematic.

I was learning this game solo so I could teach my dad, so I had 2 teams and 6 riders breaking away. Lots to keep track of. Maybe it'll be easier to remember when I have only 3 riders.

I also thought of putting a very small marker like a small glass bead or something next to each rider that will be allowed a slipstream on a given turn. It would have to be small enough to fit in a square along with the rider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Billiet
Belgium
Wielsbeke
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of marking it with a little x in that riders energy table.
We do the same with f.e. the flat tires. We just write a small P (which stands for "plat" and is Dutch for flat) and a number, on that way we know if 2 riders have a flat tire at the same time who can go first.

so this might also work for slipstreaming, just putting a small S in the corner of the energy table or a little x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.