Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Gods! With reading the 2 players variant rules, I had a question. The rules say :

Even when they are defeated, the barbarians stay on the territory and they will take it back if the player leaves.

In this sentence, I could use "be removed" instead of "take it back"?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The sentence means that the barbarians will have the territory if the occupying player abandons it. The barbarians behave just like players' discs and are never removed. When you conquer one of the barbarians' territories, you just stack your disc over theirs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
No. The sentence means that the barbarians will have the territory if the occupying player abandons it. The barbarians behave just like players' discs and are never removed. When you conquer one of the barbarians' territories, you just stack your disc over theirs.

Thanks for your reply. So, can I replace "take it back" with "remain"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really, as "it" refers to the territory, not to the disc. You can replace "take it back" with "[the barbarians] take the territory back" or "retake the territory". Got it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Not really, as "it" refers to the territory, not to the disc. You can replace "take it back" with "[the barbarians] take the territory back" or "retake the territory". Got it?

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.