Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is allowable for players to hold onto Danger Markers when they are not actively involved in pursuing a specific Artifact?

I came across at least two situations in which a player might be able to possess Danger Markers with no associated Artifact.

1) Some City cards are labelled as Dangers (page 13- City Space). For example, Rooftop Chase is a Danger with a Glory value of 3. If this Danger is overcome, does the player receive a Danger Marker that could be applied to a later Artifact Adventure?

2)In the competitive variant, Jake Zane could be working on The Helmet of Zeus and decides to Camp Down after overcoming 2 Dangers and receiving the associated Danger Markers. Suppose that Li Mei Chen comes in and successfully navigates through all 5 Dangers and claims the Artifact (page 17 - Heroes on the Same Adventure). Does Jake get to hold onto his 2 Danger Markers for use in a later Adventure or do they get tossed?

Any insights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
No, danger markers are only used on the current adventure. I think the definition of Danger Marker on the components page covers it:

On the flip side is a Danger Marker that lets a Hero
keep track of how many Dangers they have overcome on
their current Adventure.

So the marker is just that, a marker for counting, nothing of significance by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1: Nowhere does it tell you to take a Danger marker for overcoming a City danger. Taking danger tokens is ONLY listed under "Artifact Adventures"

#2: Page 13, bottom of page, section on Being KO'd
"If a hero is KO'd or if they leave they must discard any danger markers.
When the Hero returns to the same or different Artifact Adventure, they must start over from the beginning"

You can ONLY have Danger tokens while in the middle of an Artifact Adventure, and they only apply to the current Artifact. If someone gets ahead of you and grabs it, then you toss them.

They only represent progress on the one specific task you're doing. They're not a general resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sure that I had come across some rule that basically said "If you leave and Artifact Adventure, toss your Danger Markers." Thanks for finding it.

As much as I enjoy the game, the rules could have been organized more clearly. This particular rule needs to be more prominently placed and not tucked away in one paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.