2 Posts

The Walking Dead Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terrifying Walkers play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Duster
msg tools
Very first play, and we have a question:

I was at the CDC doing an encounter when a walker player played "Terrifying Walkers". Two questions:

1. This was on my second encounter. Do I not gain the CDC tile?
2. Now that I have moved, do I have to have ANOTHER encounter?

We played that I did not gain the CDC tile (the FAQ explains that the Love Triangle Encounter works in a similar manner) and that since I moved, and quote "After moving, you must resolve any actions dictated by space on which you landed", I had to have another encounter.

If this is true, I am going to sacrifice myself every game so I can become a zombie and auto-win. Grumble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I am the Lead Developer of the game. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. If the Zombie player plays a Sneak card to get rid of one of your corner Encounters, that means you survived that Encounter card. So, yes, you get the Location card immediately, before you are moved off of the CDC. That's why this one is different than "Love Triangle." LT moves you as part of the Encounter. Terrifying Walkers had to discard an Encounter, so you "survived" that Encounter before you were moved.

2. You only resolve one space effect per turn. So in your case, you were already resolving the CDC, so you don't resolve any other spaces you might get moved to. In the same way, if you land on a "Draw a Scrounge Card" space, but then play a Giddy-Up and move 3 extra spaces to a "No Encounter" space, you don't get to draw, then have No Encounter. You just have No Encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.