Magister Ludi
United States
Arkansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have begun a project to build a wood board for Ascending Empires. The board will be full sized with a half inch boarder, making it a 29 inch square. The holes for the planets and asteroids will only be half the depth of the completed board, leaving a nice pristine back. I cannot conceive of wasting all that space, and the painting for Ascending Empires will be very simple and quick, so what should I put on the other side?

It needs to be something that will fit nicely on the 29" by 29" space, so I am thinking probably a square boarded game. Also if it can be on a black background that would be good so that the whole piece can be based coated easier. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A different Ascrnding Empire board?

What surface coating are you putting on th board for smooth sliding? You'll want to be careful not to scratch it when using the back board.

Another idea would be a version of a crokinole board without the outer gutter, something to just shoot on fast for fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
United States
Arkansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to sand it down before paint, After painting I was thinking a nice gloss varnish. A friend of mine who has a better knowledge base for that kind of thing is helping me research that. I also plan on getting a nice felt panel to set under it when using either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A hardwood AE board is in my future aswell. On the back I was planning on doing a small sized Carrom Golf Board:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.