Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
"I am living off the government tit! Sucking it dry!"
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I just finished a Memoir 44 collection and now that I've played most of it I think I'm ready to take the next step into the halls of wargaming goodness. So I've decided to start a Combat Commander collection.

I'm able to buy all three volumes at once this summer starting tomorrow (yes, its summer here) but I need to clear a minefield of doubts I have about this game:

1.Does the second edition of CC:E comes with a GMT counter tray?

2.Does the only edition of CC:M comes with a tray too?

3.If any or none of the volumes come with a tray, how many GMT trays will I need to store all the counters that come within both boxes?

4.Will I be able to store all the content from both boxes with the necessary trays to sort the counters(still unpunched) into the CC:E box?

It will be good to know all this as soon as possible, because I only have tomorrow to place my order before my friend comes back from the states. I should explain that he will only be able to bring one of the two boxes so I would rather keep the CC:E one, hopefully that box will be enough to fit everything.

Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer 1 and 2.

1. Yes the second edition of CC:E does include a counter tray.
2. No CC:M does not include a counter tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrythesecond
United Kingdom
Camborne
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
A future player sleeps...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Emir,

I recently received CC Europe and CC Med direct from GMT, so I'll answer what I can.

1. Yep, I had a counter tray in my CC Europe box.

2. Nope, I had the usual roll of complimentary GMT 'baggies' in the Med box.

3. I got all the counters from CC Europe organised logically into the tray, with the exception of the some of the markers, which went into a couple of baggies from my stash. I haven't punched out the Med counters yet.

4. There's plenty of room in either box, so I would imagine you could probably get both CC Europe and Med into just one. I'm sure I've seen some threads on BGG regarding storage solutions for the game.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Shaw
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were you, I would sort by faction into counter trays, and give yourself a little room:

1 counter tray for general counters: Time, Surennder, Veteran, Suppressed, Rubble, etc.

1 Tray for German/Italian
1 Tray for American/British
1 Tray for Russian/French

then . . .

1 Tray for Japanese/ANZAC/Marines when you get CCac and
1 Tray for Partisans/Campaign leaders when you get other expansion packs

So: 4 to start with, and 6 eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rexbinary wrote:
I can answer 1 and 2.

1. Yes the second edition of CC:E does include a counter tray.
2. No CC:M does not include a counter tray.

Thank you for the fast response Rex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HenryTheSecond wrote:
Hi Emir,

I recently received CC Europe and CC Med direct from GMT, so I'll answer what I can.

1. Yep, I had a counter tray in my CC Europe box.

2. Nope, I had the usual roll of complimentary GMT 'baggies' in the Med box.

3. I got all the counters from CC Europe organised logically into the tray, with the exception of the some of the markers, which went into a couple of baggies from my stash. I haven't punched out the Med counters yet.

4. There's plenty of room in either box, so I would imagine you could probably get both CC Europe and Med into just one. I'm sure I've seen some threads on BGG regarding storage solutions for the game.

Cheers.

Henry, you say that you were able to organize all the counters from CC:E into a single tray? Then, should I assume that I will only need one more tray to store everything from CC:M. If so, do you think both trays will fit into a single box with everything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sshawmd wrote:
If I were you, I would sort by faction into counter trays, and give yourself a little room:

1 counter tray for general counters: Time, Surennder, Veteran, Suppressed, Rubble, etc.

1 Tray for German/Italian
1 Tray for American/British
1 Tray for Russian/French

then . . .

1 Tray for Japanese/ANZAC/Marines when you get CCac and
1 Tray for Partisans/Campaign leaders when you get other expansion packs

So: 4 to start with, and 6 eventually.

That sounds like a good idea. Will I be able to store those 4 counters with everything else into a single box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Shaw
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No -- you will want to keep CC: Med -- when I did not have all of the expansion packs, I had 1 (very light) game box that carried all of the counter trays, and card decks, and one game box that had all the maps, scenarios, charts/tables, rules.

Now that I have everything for the game (CC:E,P,M as well as Resistance and all of the battle packs, all C3i scenarios, I use this system:

CCE carries all 6 of the counter trays
CCPac carries all of the rules, charts/tables, scenarios, and cards
CCResistance carries all of the maps, in numerical order

My CC:Med box and all of the battle pack folders are long since MIA and presumed dead, likely in some unmarked landfill grave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brodemir wrote:
3.If any or none of the volumes come with a tray, how many GMT trays will I need to store all the counters that come within both boxes?

The contents of CC:E and CC:Med can fit in two trays.

Quote:
4.Will I be able to store all the content from both boxes with the necessary trays to sort the counters(still unpunched) into the CC:E box?

You can certainly store the whole CC:E/Med package in one of the two boxes if you only use two trays for the counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sshawmd wrote:
If I were you, I would sort by faction into counter trays, and give yourself a little room

Agreed - although you might physically fit all of CCE into a single counter tray, that will be less playable than having the pieces more segregated and quicker to find during play.

Also note that you don't have to buy CCM to enjoy many games of CCE. I've played about 30 games of pure CCE without CCM or other expansions, and the random scenario generator gives great replay value. (But indeed a lot of CC players are completists.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought CC:E, CC:M and the first three expansions.
And I bought 10 counter trays (only using 5-6 of them for this game) on eBay to fit the boxes, cards sleeves and card boxes for each country in different colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have CCE, CCM, and the first two battle packs in four trays and I couldn't segregate it much more, so for an additional pack and Partisans you might want one or two more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emir, it all depends on two factors:

(1) How much room you have to store yours trays, and
(2) How easily you want to have access to your counters.

I myself have a lot of room to store my CC gear, and thus opted for the most tray-consuming solution. Have a look at my picture gallery: I use one tray for each nationality, one troop variety per tray box (one tray provides a lot of room to store the minor nations, bust barely enough to keep the Germans, Russians and Americans segregated, once you add the extra units from Stalingrad and Normandy); and two trays for markers (one tray, with spare room, for Track display markers, and one, used to full capacity, for on-mapboard markers).

Not considering Pacific, a whole CC:E set takes 9 trays, which all fit into the two CC:E and CC:M boxes. Of course I have to keep all my decks (boxed and sleeved) separately. All this stuff fits into a medium size bag. I keep the maps, nicely unfolded, in some special boxes I made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone, I will try to make my own storage system out of foam since it seems that GMT trays are so expensive in my country shake
Nice photos Simone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brodemir wrote:
Thank you everyone, I will try to make my own storage system out of foam since it seems that GMT trays are so expensive in my country shake
Nice photos Simone!

Thank you!

But are GMT trays expensive too? A bunch of ten costs me $24, including S&H to Italy: about 20 euros, depending on the rate. It can't be more to canada. Of course the problem is whether they're available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not from Canada, I'm from Peru So it can be expensive because of shipping and taxes. I've been reading the rules of CC and it seems that this is the most complicated game I own so far laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brodemir wrote:
I'm not from Canada, I'm from Peru So it can be expensive because of shipping and taxes. I've been reading the rules of CC and it seems that this is the most complicated game I own so far laugh

Peruano! laugh Sorry I did't pay much attention to your flag! I understand it can be expensive, then.

But don't let the rules scare you. Actually, they are the most friendly rules in the hobby, complex but not complicated. You'll enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.