Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I have ordered Rush n Crush and Road Kill Rally and had them shipped to my sister in the states. My mom is going in two months to visit, apparently I can't go. So I ask her to pick up the games during her visit.

So the games came in the mail, and little that I know, the games are heavy. Amazon wrote down in the product details that the games weight 3 lbs each

Now quite concerned, my mom thinks there will be a chance that she can't store these games in the luggage or carry-on without them being overweight

If anyone has these games, can you tell me if 3 lbs is a lot. Are you sure they are really heavy?
I looked at the product demensions on the site and looked at pictures. They don't look that big, but of course looks can be deceving

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Moore
South Africa
Grahamstown
Eastern Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3lbs is about 1.4kg (1kg = 2.2lbs). So, close to 3kg for both.

If your sister doesn't have a scale, then maybe she can take the games to the post office or somewhere similar and ask to weigh them. She can just say that she is thinking of mailing them but wants to know about the weight. This will also give you an idea of the cost if you end up needing to mail them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get the dimensions again, you could always make up a "mock box" and fill it with the appropriate weight for both. With your mock up boxes just show them to your mom to see what she will think.

Realistically I think it's more she's annoyed that she may have to carry something that will take up a lot of her hand luggage room on top of everything she would normally carry with her (her purse, passport, gifts she may be bringing back, etc.) especially since just the Road Kill Rally box can take up a good deal.

Personally though, I'd be more worried about it ending up in the luggage, unless she has a hard shell suitcase. Mostly due to the fact that luggage tends to get tossed, stacked, thrown around, or worse, lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is why your mom wouldn't let you get three games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Dragon Enterprises
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Issac!

AEGRC001 Rush n' Crush 1760 g 3.88 lb 11.9" 11.9" 3"
ZMG7047 Road Kill Rally 1709 g 3.77 lb 11.8" 11.8" 2.9"

These are the actual weight and size of the games. Check US Postal Service web site on how much to ship and then compare that to an additional suit case or what she can get in her suit case. Hope that helps.

W. Rogers Abbott III
White Dragon Enterprises, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.