Subject: Questions about workers and city/outpost control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Indovina Chi
msg tools
mb
Hello,
I have some questions:
1)Workers can be eliminated or blocked by enemy units? Because is not realistic that a worker can harvest resources while an enemy unit is occupying his forest or mine (in this case the only thing to do in order to win is to occupy all the resource square to won easily the game and wait until the enemy(ies) full deplete his/their own resource squares).
2)Is possible to conquer definitely an enemy city? Rules are not so clear for this case...
3)Enemy outposts or cities can be used to drop units while they are occupied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When YOUR units are alone with opponent's workers, then the workers are automatically eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
2) You can only DESTROY an opponent's town. Just get there. When unopposed, then one damage is done. Indicated by a half depleted token. When you can spend another turn unopposed at the opponent's town, then it is completely destroyed. (Towns cannot be repaired.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
3) Not sure. Should check rulebook... But my guess is: YES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 is definitely yes; you can deploy units to outposts or towns. (Just like in the real game, if your town is under attack, your barracks can still produce units to fight off the threat).

Remember, you are never "conquering" their town, you are destroying their town/outpost. The depletion tile represents the damage you've done to the town abstractly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peppone wrote:
3)Enemy outposts or cities can be used to drop units while they are occupied?

Your question is a bit ambiguous. YOU can not deploy your units from enemy towns even if you are occupying them. Only the owner of the town can deploy his units there.

Regarding outposts, nobody can deploy units there if they are occupied by enemy units, since they become immediately destroyed.

Please refer to the following section of the manual, I believe all of your questions are solved within this paragraph:

Quote:
Defenseless Workers, Outposts, and Towns

After all battles have been resolved, any workers or Outposts in spaces containing enemy units are automatically destroyed and removed from the board.

If all players have finished their Move Steps, and after all battles have been resolved, any player whose Town space contains enemy units places a partial depletion marker (that is, a depletion marker with the "partial depletion" side face-up) on his Town space. This marker cannot be removed from the space by any means.

If there is already a partial depletion marker on the Town, that player and any teammates he may have are immediately eliminated from the game. Remove those players’ workers, units, and Outposts from the board. If this leaves only a single player or team in the game, the game ends and that player or team wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indovina Chi
msg tools
mb
Thank you for your answers!
Even if they appear such as silly questions, in my rulebook these rules are not present! In which document I can find this paragraph and the other rules? Here in download section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peppone wrote:
Thank you for your answers!
Even if they appear such as silly questions, in my rulebook these rules are not present! In which document I can find this paragraph and the other rules? Here in download section?

wcrules.pdf page 5

Find it here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indovina Chi
msg tools
mb
Yes, you are right!

I have another doubt in that paragraph: in a 2vs2 game, if the player's city is defeated also his teamate lose the game immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peppone wrote:
in a 2vs2 game, if the player's city is defeated also his teamate lose the game immediately?

Correct. Per the rules, if one member of a team becomes eliminated, the whole team loses. So it's the duty of all members of a team to protect each other.

This is because it is practically impossible to win a 2v1 match, so ending the game is to make it shorter. Of course, if you want to create a house rule to keep playing 2v1 until the other member becomes eliminated, nobody will prevent to do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indovina Chi
msg tools
mb
Ok, I decided to add this new rule and don't ending the game on 2vs1 (sometimes teammates can lose their soldiers in order to defeat one enemy and it is possible to win for the last enemy player in game).
Thank you so much for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.