Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D C
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Hinterlands and the paper that goes down the middle was ripped and bent. When I took it back to the retailer, they open another one and it was the same way. I know it's a small thing, but I paid a fair amount of money to have a new game, not something torn. Has anyone else had this problem? The retailer offered to call Rio Grande but two weeks later they haven't heard anything, so they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
King DC wrote:
I just got Hinterlands and the paper that goes down the middle was ripped and bent. When I took it back to the retailer, they open another one and it was the same way. I know it's a small thing, but I paid a fair amount of money to have a new game, not something torn. Has anyone else had this problem? The retailer offered to call Rio Grande but two weeks later they haven't heard anything, so they say.

Same here. Mine wasn't ripped but it was bent up pretty bad. I was a little disappointed but I don't use the trays to store my cards (have a big cardboard box) so it didn't matter.

But it seemed to me the card decks weren't secure in the boxlike they had been in the other editions. You can try contacting RGG yourself and see what they say. Jay is hit or miss given the time of year. If it is convention season, it could take weeks. Otherwise he is usually quick to respond. Not sure what the holidays do to him. If the company isn't busy, I am sure his personal life is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got Hinterlands and had the same experience. Both the rulebook and divider insert were relatively creased and beaten up, due to the decks being loose in the box and presumably tumbling around. It didn't bother me too much because the cards were fine, and I'll likely be moving my Dominion sets to a unified storage solution soon. But I agree it is disappointing to be excited about a new game, open the box, and see any of the contents damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, my center divider came bent to hell, too. I took one look at it and said, "good thing I wasn't planning to use this anyway!" and chucked it in the closet with the rest of the useless Dominion boxes I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience when I bought intrigue. I emailed Rio Grande myself and they got a replacement sent very quickly.

Also, I highly recommend finding a different storage solution. The regular boxes are pretty horrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mueller
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here, just opened mine on Christmas. The rule book was fine, but center guide was bent. First time in 6 boxes of Dominion.

I would not call the boxes themselves "horrible", insofar as the quality has been fine. They certainly were not designed for how the game is used, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Greaves
United States
SALEM
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. My center guide was bent and haggard. Still readable, but not in great shape. Kind of interesting to see that this might be a widespread issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be related to the shipments - my copy was fine with no damage what so ever to either the rulebook or the centre guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richards
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Mine was pretty damaged too, I wasn't angry, just disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Diaz
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Purchased mine from my FLGS a few days ago and the center guide was beat up and ripped.

First time ever in my Dominion buying history. No biggie though. Cards and rulebook were fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayrad Ryerson
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine was totally fine, when I bought Thunderstone it had problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine had the same problem, but I am not overly worried about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Westlake
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad I am not the only one. I sent an email right away to the RG customer service requesting a new center insert. I hope they are responsive.

**Just got mine in the mail today in great condition. Rio took less than two weeks to replace the insert. Good Customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schwartz
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My center guide was damaged as well.

Thanks Daniel for sharing your good experience with RG customer service. I'll be contacting them shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenick Verga
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was damaged as well and I got duplicates of one of the decks and was missing another of them.

I emailed RGG right away and they sent out replacements almost immediately even with all of the holiday stuff it came quickly.

They even threw in some bonus promo cards which was unnecessary, but awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Swerda
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, and I will email RGG tomorrow. Good to know they stand behind the product. Does anyone else notice that the cards are a brighter blue than the other sets? They stand out in my deck and it's not from wear and tear of the older cards. The printing is genuinely a different color I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen O'Craven
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mb
frankts1 wrote:
Same here, and I will email RGG tomorrow. Good to know they stand behind the product. Does anyone else notice that the cards are a brighter blue than the other sets? They stand out in my deck and it's not from wear and tear of the older cards. The printing is genuinely a different color I think.

Yes, we noticed the different colour too. Doesn't make much difference unless playing with just a couple of card from Hinterlands, but still seemed odd that they weren't more careful to match. Of course, differential wear can sometimes be a clue too and there's nothing that can really be done about that.

Our card name guide was damaged too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.