Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's in the box?
The box contains wooden playing pieces (little SUVs, one for each player; cubes to denote treasure positions), nicely shaped palm trees and huts (possibly made of some very hard plastic), three extremely beautiful Easter Island statues, made of something that feels like stone. Cards (clue cards and treasure cards) and 3 boards (can be used both sides for easier, harder games or simply to add variety).
All pieces fit very nicely into the box, there are little compartments for all the pieces.
In addition, the box contains 3 sets of rules: English, German and French (always a plus!).
Materials get a 10 out of 10 (8 for sturdiness, an added 1 point for the beautiful statues and 1 for the perfectly matched box and trilingual rules).

What are the rules like?
I had read on various websites that people felt that the rules were badly written and confusing. The rules I got are very clearly written (at least the English and German versions, I don't speak French, so can't say anything about them), well illustrated and helpful. It took me about 10 minutes to read them and then another maybe 5 minutes for the first set-up.

Rules are 8 out of 10 (I would rate normal rules a 7 out of 10 to be considered "good", I add one bonus point for providing trilingual rules).

How does it play?
We played several 2-player games. I'm a gamer, so used to heavy games with a lot of strategy and/or plenty of stats to keep track of. My mother is not a gamer at all, so I got it especially for her so she could join in on her visit over Christmas. For her, it was a suitable game. It is a family game. And without house-rules, that's how it plays. I don't know if it would keep me interested for longer periods of time, because it is very light. But that is what it says on the tin and therefore, I give it a 7 out of 10 (any good game with good mechanics gets a 7, additional points can be scored for especially intriguing mechanics, theme etc.)

I recommend this game to anyone who:
a) Needs a game with no ingame text.
b) Would like to use some logic (placing the clues to see where the treasure is, might be, especially for younger children, a challenge).
c) Wants a game that plays in under one hour.
d) Is okay with a light family game.

Overall: 7 out of 10.

Edited for formatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.