5 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imperial card immediate victory. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Ng
Singapore
flag msg tools
I apologise if this has been asked before; a quick search yielded no answers to my question:

If a player with 8 points chooses the Imperial strategy card and activates it during his turn, does he claim immediate victory in a 10 point game, or is victory still only resolved at the Status Phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
Yep. He wins during this Strategic Action.

The game usually ends during the Status Phase because of the Public/Secret objectives that can only be declared then. But the rules state that any time a player reaches 10 points, the game ends and he is declared the winner. This might happen more often with the Shattered Empire expansion, where points may come from Political cards or Artifacts.

EDIT: minor correction

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Unspecified
msg tools
There is one exception to all this (if I'm reading the context right).

If the Imperial Card is activated, and the drawn objective card is the one that ends the game (sorry, I don't remember the name), then the player activating the Imperial Card does NOT receive two victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronus wrote:
There is one exception to all this (if I'm reading the context right).

If the Imperial Card is activated, and the drawn objective card is the one that ends the game (sorry, I don't remember the name), then the player activating the Imperial Card does NOT receive two victory points.

That is correct. If Imperium Rex is drawn, the game ends immediately, before the player gets the 2 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.