Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all--

I just bought my brother Ticket to Ride: Marklin Edition for Christmas, and it was a big hit. I was wondering whether it's possible to fit sleeved cards into the insert. It seemed like a pretty tight fit without sleeves. I understand Mayday sleeves are thinner than FFG sleeves (I usually use FFG). So, has anyone managed to fit cards with Stnd. USA Mayday or FFG sleeves in the insert? Anyone else decided to chuck the insert in favor of bags of sleeved cards? I can see pros and cons to both systems. (One pro to sleeved cards for this version to TtR is that there's no such thing as a replacement deck.) My brother said he liked the insert, though can see the appeal to sleeved cards.

Any advice would be great -- thanks!

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Mayday standard USA premium sleeves on all my copies of Ticket to Ride. Everything fits fine, but the destination cards end up going in one of the train wells and the train cards are divided between the two card wells.

The FFG sleeves are actually a little big for the cards. Their USA standard sleeve size is the same as Mayday's Chimera size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no problems using Mayday premium sleeves and fitting all the cards in the inserts. I just advice you to put rubber bands around the decks, since sleeves tend to make the cards slippery and go everywhere during transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Saldana
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.