Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do i need to have the tech for orbitals in order to use captured orbitals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do i need to have the tech for orbitals in order to use captured orbitals?
I'd say no, but would like a back-up opinion.

Really liking the game so far. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrrmm... I agree, I think it's just for building them. Same with monoliths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This goes with the classic pirate theme of why build it when you can steal it?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Louis A
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pirate theory is correct for Orbitals & monoliths - steal away boys & girls !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just somehow encourage them to build them and then steal it? 'Oh, yeah, best move in this game is to build orbitals and monoliths. No need to protect them, this isn't a big combat game.. it's mother was a euro, after all!'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eike Hanus
Germany
Büttelborn
flag msg tools
GAMES!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the manual states the the person who researched may build orbitals. It does not say that the use of them needs a research. Also the colony ship text says that you can use them to place a cube on a population square in any hex where you have an influence disc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this settled, then? If I capture an enemy orbital, I can colonize it, even if I don't have the orbital tech? Makes sense to me, just want to be sure.

It came up last night, and we played it wrong: we removed orbitals when the system was conquered.

Apologies for reviving a month-old thread, but this one asks the precise question I wanted to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grotius wrote:
So is this settled, then? If I capture an enemy orbital, I can colonize it, even if I don't have the orbital tech? Makes sense to me, just want to be sure.

That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.