Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.energyfiend.com/decaf-5-hour-energy-what-the

I don't get it.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Hour Energy is part caffeine and part vitamin bomb. I imagine the decaf version cuts out the first part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
5 Hour Energy is part caffeine and part vitamin bomb. I imagine the decaf version cuts out the first part.

Making it 100% placebo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that make it mind over matter, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
When I started working out about 5 years ago and talked to my Doctor when I started he told me several things. One was "If you start drinking that energy drink garbage I'll kick your butt". My Doc tells it like it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Would that make it mind over matter, then?

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

//edit: I think I'm offended that this post was thumbed by a brony...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah they've just gone the old time coke route. There's no caffeine in cocaine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
These drinks also usually contain taurine, which is good for mental focus. I occasionally use one of the "shot" brands, when I need a wake-up and something to bolster my flagging concentration, and I find that it works. (Maybe that's placebo effect, but if so I'm happy with it.)

The kind I use doesn't have anything to boost your "energy"; just alertness and concentration.

I don't drink such things as beverages, and I don't use them regularly, but they are useful once in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I drink 1-2 quarts of coffee most days and I also occasionally have a Five Hour Energy for alertness / wake-up before a night out or to pick up the pace on a sleepy afternoon. What is gained from Five Hour Energy is different to me than caffeine. The advertisements claim that the base formula has no more caffeine than a cup of coffee, but the label reveals that the big push in Five Hour Energy is a massive dose of vitamins B6 and B12.

One good reason that I can see for a decaf Five Hour Energy is that it would make it available to those who don't drink caffeine for religious reasons as it is a stimulant, but lack prohibitions against other nutrients.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.