Subject: Suggestion for commercial game with no luck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario De Carli
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Hi everybody, I'm new to boardgames. A friend of mine suggested me some and I begin to love them!
I played to Settlers of Catan and find interesting the relation between players (trading) but the luck factor has too much influence on the game. Then I played and loved at Mr. Jack, 7 wonders, Through the desert, Darjeeling and absolutely loved them. The luck factor is very low or not present at all.
Now I would love to find a game like those. With almost zero luck factor but high trading and interaction between players. Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks a lot to everybody and Merry Christmas!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you consider 7 Wonders low luck, I think you will find most highly rated games to be low (enough) luck. Try this advanced search, sorted by geekrank, filtered by max weight=3.
Although the trading aspect will vary, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavier games also tend to be lower-luck. Perhaps you could investigate Navegador (indirect trading) or Indonesia (much heavier, but very cool)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Container
Genoa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oo, yes. Container is quite fun if you don't a) slam into the blind bidding or b) become maddened by the nickel-and-dime actions.

B>

ps. or c) are colourblind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Carli
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Hi Curt, thanks a lot for your answer. I'm a newbie so for me 7 wonders is low luck (comparing to Risk or Catan) and a very fast and pleasant game to play.I love "Through the Desert" with zero luck and if I can find a quite easy, fast, zero luck game with very high interactions between players well I'm done for the moment.
I tried the advanced search but where do I have to put the max weight of 3? "Average Gameplay Weight Range" ? I tried adding "trading" to the Mechanic but I get few titles. Anyway I will try again to search on it.
Thanks again!

mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Ad Astra; it's like settlers in space with a much lower luck factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Carli
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Navegador looks quite interesting!
Indonesia maybe is a lot more complicated and maybe should be a good game when I'll grow my ability
Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Carli
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Genoa is definitely a game I would like to try to play. I will check it.
Container ... I don't know, some of my friends find it a little bit too boring. Anyway I'll read some reviews.
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wbyeats wrote:
I tried the advanced search but where do I have to put the max weight of 3? "Average Gameplay Weight Range" ?

I already did it for you in the link in my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a pure negotiation game with relatively low luck, try Dragon's Gold, which has been recently republished. This is all about negotiation and interaction between players, while being light and easy to grasp (I've played it with 13-year olds and they've all understood it very quickly).

Bohnanza has a higher luck factor, but it's loads of fun and it's the purest trading game I've played.

As a different form of trading, there're lots of good auction games out there, my favourite being Modern Art.

In any case, welcome to the hobby and may you find your perfect game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants of Amsterdam.

Wealth of nations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.