Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a copy of The Devil's Cauldron set up in Newburg, Oregon, just south of Portland, looking for a few good players. Anybody near there want to play face to face on the 1st or 3rd Saturdays of the month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Munk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know my 1st and 3rd Saturdays are spoken for in January. If I could swing it, I'd be really interested in joining after that. What time do folks gather/break up? And is it one Saturday or two Saturdays a month? Do you have commanders jumping in and out, depending on who's available that day? I could probably do one Saturday a month, but two would be too much for me to commit to.

Thanks for the invite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually game on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting at Noon, take a break for supper about 5pm to 6pm, and some stay to game another hour or two after that. Supper is usually provided by our host, but sometimes one or another of the players brings supper. We have players who drive from Eugene, Springfield, Corvallis, various places around Portland, and sometimes from Vancouver, WA.

Usually the games are monster games with multiple players running for months at a stretch. Right now there is a campaign of World in Flames going with 7 players involved. The Devil's Cauldron is set up to be an alternative to that. There have been other large games played there, such as 7 player Empires in Arms, War Between the States, Europa, Case Blue, and a number of World in Flames games.

The buiding is a metal "pole barn" which gets pretty warm in the summer in spite of fans and open doors, and which gets pretty cold in the winter in spite of gas and electric heaters. But at least it's dry. There's plenty of chairs and snacks. And there's room to leave big games set up for months at a time. Location is off the southwest end of Newburg, on the edge of the Dundee Hills.

Will send you a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.