Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristiano Batista
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Flooding Events' rule for the "Leak" card correct? I mean, the rules states that:

Updated Rules page 11 wrote:
Place a high-water Flood token in the selected room (or flip a low water Flood token to the high-water side if one is there).

Wouldn't be: Place a LOW-water Flood token in the selected room (or flip a low water Flood token to the high-water side if one is there).

I know that it might be completely outdated, but I try to find the answer for this doubt of mine in all forums and never saw a mention to this. What caught my attention is that in and old post about a FAQ, Bruno Faidutti itslef replyied to one question like this:

faidutti wrote:
He doesn't die if it becomes in fire or high flooded during the update phase (he will try to do something on his next round…)

But how could he possibly do something if the only possible action for a gnome in a completely flooded room is "No Action"? So, if the rule is correct as is, then the only hope for a gnome caught in such a situation is to be rescued by a comrade?

Please advise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
cristiano.batista wrote:

But how could he possibly do something if the only possible action for a gnome in a completely flooded room is "No Action"? So, if the rule is correct as is, then the only hope for a gnome caught in such a situation is to be rescued by a comrade?

Please advise.

Movement and opening hatches are not actions. Thus, the gnome opens the hatch (if possible - cannot open if adjacent to a flooded room or jammed), moves out, and then takes an action elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All rooms that become flooded go immediately to high water, whether there was water in there previously or not. This is exactly the same as the original rules,

No action is the only action you can take in a flooded room. However, before you take an action, you do your movement, so if I were in a flooded room, I would definitely move out of there. You can still open hatches and move from a flooded room. If all the hatches are blocked, or the only adjacent rooms are also flooded, then you need to be saved before your next turn or you're dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cant take an action, but as pointed out, you can first move and as you move, you open a hatch to an adjacent room and at that moment, if the other room has no water token in it, the water between the 2 rooms reflow, so that both rooms now have 2 low water tokens.
as of then, you can take an action in that room as now the water is low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Batista
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for all answers, they were really helpful!

Спасибо товарищи!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
pleasure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.