Subject: The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 vs U-Boat Leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Steel Wolves Operational/Strategic game about U-boats though I would like to also have a tactical level game that focuses on patrols for one U-Boat only. I know that "The Hunters..." game is not out yet though I'm wondering which of the two "The Hunters..." or "U-Boat Leader" will be a better U-Boat tactical game/simulation. Ultimately I prefer a game that will tell me a better story, kind of like what ASL does for me for land warfare. Any thoughts....? I'm not sure at this point if I really want to buy both, I would prefer to just get one tactical U-Boat game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be interested in the responses myself. Thanks for asking the question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to each game's description, The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 is a single (one) submarine game, while U-Boat Leader has you control several submarines at a time. Might make the difference for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Hunters will be a game with less complexity if it's anything like B-17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
According to each game's description, The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 is a single (one) submarine game, while U-Boat Leader has you control several submarines at a time. Might make the difference for you...

True, I have decided to pre-order Hunters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
I think Hunters will be a game with less complexity if it's anything like B-17.

I have not played B-17 or any of the "Leader" games from DVG. However it seems Hunters will be 2 games (Volume 1: 39 -43, Volume 2: 43-45) this was one of key decisions for me to get the Hunters instead. Though I might in the future get the U-Boat Leader as well. I just want to make sure that I don't necessarily waste money buying two different games on the same subject and scope and only end up playing one game only. I would like to avoid this if I can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.