Subject: Board gamers in Cardiff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bowen
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I'm Ryan, I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the world of board games. I've been playing Cluedo, Scrabble and Monopoly for years but only recently been shown that there's a world of games outside them

Was just wondering if there were any/many other people in the Cardiff area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Ryan. Welcome to boardgamegeek.

There are quite a few people playing games in & around Cardiff.

A few people are members of the South Wales boardgamegeek guild. See here.

What kind of modern games do you play? I'd expect someone who plays the same sort of games will be in a position to suggest a session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan. Do a quick search for Penarth Wargamers or Crusade Penarth. They're an okay bunch.

If you want to play Subbuteo drop me a PM, I can set you up with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Davis
Wales
flag msg tools
Hiya, there's plenty going on in Cardiff for gamers, including various weekly/monthly meetups,keep an eye on the Wales forum for details as events are often posted there. You could also 'like' www.facebook.com/rulesofplay for info about what's going on; there's a weekly newsletter posted there on Friday afternoons which includes details about forthcoming shop and non-shop events.

A good place to start might also be the Rules of Play/Chapter boardgaming nights on the second Sunday of the month, from 5.30pm in Chapter Arts Centre - we bring along plenty of games, and can show you how to play/set you up with other players. It'll also give you an opportunity to meet the members of a regular Sunday night gaming group, who meet at Chapter very week.

The next Rules of Play/Chapter games night is Sunday 8th January, come along and say hi!

Michelle and the Rules of Play Team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ryan,
have a look at this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/737604/cardiff-boardgame...
This is the group I always meet up with and they are a lovable bunch, (we laugh so much together!). We are happy to have new people to play with, try different games with you so we can find out what you like etc. You can drop me or Roy a geekmail if you have any questions whatsoever.

Welcome to Cardiff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Datura wrote:
You can drop me or Roy a geekmail if you have any questions whatsoever.

Hey Ryan

I'm Roy.

I organize a gaming event once a month at Firestorm Games, always on a saturday. Please let me know if you have any questions about the events.

Hope to see you there

PS. There is also a very nice event arranged by another person here in cardiff. The event takes place from 10 to 10 on a saturday, every couple of months, at Highfields church.

Here's the link to his last event. Sadly it's already come and gone, but it will give you some details about the event:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/704588/cardiff-games-day-nov...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Roy's Events in Firestorm are awesome.

I have Evo that I wanna play at the next one... see thread that franziska (i think) posted

Jake and I are members of the Glamorgan game society so if you are in the pontypridd area at all feel free to geekmail me for directions to the society meetings. They are every wednesday in a pub, from about 12pm until about 9-10pm, 50p to turn up an play and any game goes bring it along and i am sure you will get players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bowen
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Hey guys, took a little longer to reply than I intended to! I've been to one of the Chapter board game nights (back in December, think we might have spoken at one point Michelle - I was with the group who just kind of sat in the corner playing Dominion for the whole night, got caught up in the game ).

Cheers to everyone else's suggestions, will definitely be keeping an eye on the forum over the next couple of weeks (now that I have internet back) to see what's going on!

And Claire, I'm not in Pontypridd area, but it's not too far to travel so I'd be up for giving that a try sometime - cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.