1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Fury of Dracula PBF #24: Look, what your God has done to me! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb
So here we are with another PBF game, which I will have a great pleasure to modarate. I ahve participated in 2 PBF's till now, and I think I can return the favor, by running a game (or maybe few games) by myself.

However, I'd like to inroduce some of mine house rules or different interpretations of some event cards. If anyone feels, like (s)he doesn't want to play this way, it's ok, yet I'd suggest to give it a try ; )
I'd also very happy to see some flavor text, as it gives games some extra atmosphere. If you have any questions, I'll answer them as quick as possible either on GeekMail or inthis tread.

The List of changes/rulings is as following:

1. Changes

1.1. Evasion's text will be changed to:

"[Play Immidently] Dracula may make 2 moves, following normal rules for moving and place ecounters in both locations (if allowed by rules). Than, he refills his ecounter hand. If it couses any location tofall of the trail, he may mature one of the ecounters after BOTH moves, or normaly put them to Catacumbs"

1.2 Hipnosis text will be changed to:

"[Keep] Play at the start of a bitten Hunters turn. Dracula must immidently anonunce, in which Europe's Region he is currently in and reveal all of NV ecounters"

Europe's Regions are:

"Islands" - Great Britain and Ireland
"Spain" - Lisbon, Cadiz, Santander, Madrid, Grenada, Saragossa, Barcelona
"France" - Toulouse,Marsyllies, Bordeaux, Nantes, C-F, Geneva, Paris, Le Havre, Brussels
"Germany" - Other WE Cities
"Italy" - Italy ; )
Balkanian Peninsula - Athens, Valona, Salonica, Sofia, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Varna
"Eastern Europe" - other EE Cities

2. Rulings:

2.1. Hired Scouts WILL reveal Hide and ecounter on it, if Dracula hid in chosen city
2.2. NV causes Hunter to lose his turn, on 4-6 roll, if no Knife/Stake discarded (at night)
2.3. Dracula MAY place an ecounter in first location he moves with Unearthly Swiftness (if allowed by rules). He has, however, to fight Hunter, if present in this first location (and if Hunter is in the first location, Dracula connot place an ecounter, of course)
2.4. Customs Search may be played on Dracula's current location, if no ecounter present.
2.5. Control Storms allow to move Hunter up to 4 times (including 3 "sail" moves)
2.6. Minion, who is ecountered by Hunter due to Relentless Minion will only stay, if survives second combat. More general - the outcome of the last fight will be relevant for the rest of the hunters turn and the ecounter chit.
2.7. Mina can only draw an item in Small City, if she has previously drawn an event.

I hope, no problems will arise during the game, yet we don't know for sure ; )

Waiting list:

Fryd Pickles
cscottk - out
Dbrundin
dave65tdh - out
pedrator - out
leafboy - in
BlackSmoke-
oldpear - in
makken123 - in

I'll send GM in a second and will wait 48 hours for a reply, before I'd invite next person on the list.

I hope, we all will have much fun.

Please note, it's my first game as moderator, so forgive my all mistakes I might make ; )

EDIT: Even if anyone invited, who has not responded yet will be interested in playing, we will be 1person short. I'll try to deal with it in about 24 hours.

EDIT: Some rules changes are gone, only Evasion/Hipnosis has been changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like an interesting variant. I'm in. I may be referring back here a few times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the invite. It's great to see another Moderator come onto the scene. As tempting it is to play with your variant rules, I think I'll pass as I'd rather play with the rules as written. If I play by variant rules, I think it's got to be uber dogs! as I do miss them. I'm sure you guys will have a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in and glad to play by the variant rules. Though I'll probably need some reminders when the variants come into play. I barely got the standard rules down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Thanks for the invite but I'm going to pass on this one. I prefer to play with original rules only. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb
As there are not enough poeple to play, I will wait few more days for someone to show up. 3 players would be enough, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Morton
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fury of Dracula PBF #24: Look, what your God has done to me! (free spots)
Sorry for the delay in replying! I also prefer to play a less altered version, although I don't mind small tweaks. Since #25 is now open I'd prefer to take part there instead, but thanks for the invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we ever going to proceed? I see I'm listed in the waiting list as in a game. Hope I'm not getting passed over. Maybe some of the people who passed on this will be willing to play if we had a vote on which variants to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb
So, we're gonna do it this way, which is fair, I think. Just check yourself into the waiting list again, in case there is a third contestant, this altered version will start, but 'till than you should be free to join other games. Otherwise you might get stucked here forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, yes, I'd like to play. However, I've only played once before . . . but the good news is that I'm unconcerned about the rule tweaks.

If you wish to pass on me due to my lack of game experience, it's okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb

So it looks like,we've got enough players to start this variant game, as not much are interested in home ruled version. Therfore one player will play Dracula and both others will control 2 Hunters each.

I'll roll, to determine sequence of chosing charakters, if you chose one of the Hunters, you'll have to wait for another hunter player to chose one, too; than you can make a choice between the remaining two.

leafboy's roll d99 = (34) = 34
oldper's roll d99 = (18) = 18
makken's roll d99 = (51) = 51

As soon, as Dracula will be chosen, I'll send him his ecounters. Hunters may start chosing their starting locations soon after chosing, as well.

Good Luck and Have Fun everyone, I hope I won't be the worst Mod there, although it will be a little challenge for me to supply you with accurate maps ; )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 103491. Eruantalon
  • d99 =
  • (34) =
  • Mon Feb 6, 2012 10:59 am
  • [+]
  • 103492. Eruantalon
  • d99 =
  • (18) =
  • [+]
  • 103493. Eruantalon
  • d99 =
  • (51) =
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll give Dracula a try. I hunger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb
Remember to bold all your orders and decisions ; )

Although you're last to chose, you may already post your preferences, to speed things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lord Godalming is my first character choice. He'll start in Madrid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like oldpear prefers Dracula so I'll let him do that.

My 1st choice is Van Helsing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
and he'll start in Cologne.

leafboy: do we decide on our character's starting position together? If so, I'm open to a change in my choice of cities (from Madrid and Cologne).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb

All Charakters has been chosen. Let's place charakters, so that Dracula can chose his starting location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
makken123: We can discuss it...but I'm okay with what you've chosen so far.

We should have someone covering Britain so I'll have

start in Swansea and

start in Bucharest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb

Dracula has chosen his starting location.

1.1 Dawn, Arthur Goldaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Move by train from Madrid two stops to Barcelona via Alicante. He'll use his "Wealth" ability if he doesn't roll a 2 or 2/3 the first time. If he only reaches Alicante then he'll draw one Event card; if he travels to Barcelona one Event card and one Item card.

leafboy & mod.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I just moved, ahem, but have you a plan for our hunters? My plan is to move Godalming to Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb

First of all - you may post moves for both your hunters, as I will proceed them both one after another and won't proceed if you gain some information on Draculas possible location.

Secondly - You may do your train rolls in case there's no chance for Dracula to interfere (use roll button, typing FoDT in the roll place.

And remember - all ingame discussion should be open to Dracula ; )

Now train roll FoDT = 0 = 0

Lord Godalming was sitting for hours, waiting for convinient Train to take him. Upon seeing not a trace of ony, he decided to try using some of his money for "persuading"...

FoDt -> 2/3 -> 2/3

He arrives in Barcelona, finding no sign of Count and additionally drawing one item and an Hunter Event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 105148. Eruantalon
  • FoDT =
  • 0 =
  • Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 am
  • [+]
  • 105149. Eruantalon
  • FoDt =
  • 2/3 =
  • 2/3
  • Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 am
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a plan. I'll likely be exploring Britain with Van Helsing, and sending Mina west...maybe Seward should come toward Mina for the night.

COs: If nothing interesting happens:

moves by road to Liverpool and draws an item and an event, and

moves by road to Klausenburg and draws an item and an event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eruantalon wrote:

First of all - you may post moves for both your hunters, as I will proceed them both one after another and won't proceed if you gain some information on Draculas possible location.

Secondly - You may do your train rolls in case there's no chance for Dracula to interfere (use roll button, typing FoDT in the roll place.

And remember - all ingame discussion should be open to Dracula ; )

Yes, okay.

He'll move by road to Frankfurt. Action Phase: one Event card.

The stolid burgher of the Rathaus Kartoppel, carryng Dr. Seward's medical case, pats the doctor on the back, "Alles Gute." The case is stowed safely upon the carriage, the horses are whipped to a trot, and Dr. Seward begins his journey to Frankfurt with the fresh horses cutting through the early morning mist. Inside the carriage Dr. Seward opens the lid of his timepiece--it is 6 o'clock--and stares at the miniature photograph of Mina.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb

Doctor arrives in Frankfurt to find it all clear and an Hunter Event (Keep)

Van Helsing doesn't find enything in Liverpool, as well. Than he draws an item and manages to look through some Newspapers Reports, which doesn't give any information, as Draculas current location can't be revealed.

Mina, after investigating Klausenburg finds this Romanian city Dracula-free, as well. She draws Dracula's Event (keep) and than a Knife (revealed due to her bite).

1.2 Noon. Dracula.

(Map will be there in few minutes)

EDIT: I spot n obvious mistake - Mina should have no events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eruantalon wrote:

EDIT: I spot n obvious mistake - Mina should have no events.

And I should have one.

Foolish mortals. I hear everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.