Subject: KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCEMENT - Agents of SMERSH Storytelling Spy Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Project is on time and scheduled to go up on Kickstarter the 1st week of January. Planning for January 2nd. We've received great positive reviews from other designers who have played the prototype. We hope to share those soon.

We need your help to get this printed. We are a startup company so the game will probably not get printed unless we can get minimal funds. Spread the word to anyone you think might be interested. As you can see from the list of components - Agents of SMERSH will be a somewhat big (and more expensive) game to print. It is also a game that has required a huge investment in writing the book of Encounters.

Also with the new James Bond film and the Rockstar video game AGENT releasing next year there will be a lot of Spy Adventuring happening in 2012. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone is reading, I thought I would update. Kickstarter won't go up on the 2nd. We're on the verge of having updated Artwork so I would like to get that before going up. Also I need to run the numbers again to be sure. Will update again soon.

EDIT: Waiting for Kickstarter to verify our information before we can go live. May take another week.

2ND EDIT: Summary Instructions document forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
würfel becher
Germany
flag msg tools
YES YES YES!!!

Looks great, sounds great.
(... will this be my first kickstarter?)
I hope the shipping costs to europe won´t be tremendously high.
This would be for now the only reason not to go for it.

I wish you all the best for the polish phase (sounds weared... can i say like that?)

What ever.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the shipping costs to europe won´t be tremendously high.

I am exploring options for shipping overseas. I feel like a lot of interest will come from Europe. But the book makes shipping very expensive. For Kickstarters, the only option I can think of is to ship the game without the physical book but with an SD card with the a PDF of the book. That would make it a lot cheaper to ship. However this might not be appealing to many buyers. Further feedback from potential buyers would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there another way to back this project without going through Amazon? Maybe like PayPal or a direct credit card transaction?

[Edit: Disregard... created a new Amazon account to by pass my home CFO]

I've backed this game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If all continues to go well we will create an 8th Summit website - probably within the next 2-3 months. It will be an eCommerce site and accept credit cards or paypal. But the price is going to be MSRP on the website (probably $15 more than current Kickstarter price for base game). We have to sell at MSRP rate so we don't compete with retailers. They don't like that. Also, Kickstarter games will ship way ahead of others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a minute? You mean to tell me this is a mix of Pandemic? Tales of the Arabian Nights? With a little Fortune and Glory thrown in for good measure?

Awwwww yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Picioccio
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supported at $70!

I have one additional request - don't mimic TotAN so closely that you pick up the broken Grief-Stricken state. Here's an old summary post of mine that explains why it's broken as originally implemented:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4744308#4744308

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no grief stricken state, no getting put in jail loops. The Status cards introduce 3rd player characters, alter your dice rolling abilities both good and bad, give you additional movement, etc, or if you are probed by an alien there is a 1 in 6 chance each turn you may black out and wake up in a new city, strengthened by the "probing" experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Picioccio
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
There is no grief stricken state, no getting put in jail loops. The Status cards introduce 3rd player characters, alter your dice rolling abilities both good and bad, give you additional movement, etc, or if you are probed by an alien there is a 1 in 6 chance each turn you may black out and wake up in a new city, strengthened by the "probing" experience.

Sounds cool! Good job not picking up the "walk away from the game" negative-result-loops from TotAN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the project is really picking up speed!!!! I pledged yesterday and really looking forward to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
2 stretch goals already, and about 1,500$ from the 3rd, it's looking great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.