Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Greenvoss
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't have the time or patience to write a real review for this game - but I wanted to put something out there. This game has been a favorite at my house for the holiday season: it plays fast, offers constant interesting and tough decisions, is a quickly teachable game, and is simply awesome.

I'm not sure why BGG isn't showing this game more love - this is a really good game! If you have holiday cash to spend and are looking for a really great game, I highly suggest this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
XaaK wrote:
I don't have the time or patience to write a real review for this game - but I wanted to put something out there. This game has been a favorite at my house for the holiday season: it plays fast, offers constant interesting and tough decisions, is a quickly teachable game, and is simply awesome.

I'm not sure why BGG isn't showing this game more love - this is a really good game! If you have holiday cash to spend and are looking for a really great game, I highly suggest this one.

Well its only been out a week

Thanks though, I'm glad you and your folks are enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Perks
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this solitaire (turning one card at a time), and am heading to the local game store to play some head-to-head games. I agree, "what a Great Game.". This will be a big hit as a filler for my more-serious-gameing-friends, between Imperial and Through The Ages, or a warm up for an 18XX game. It's obviously an abstract game, but the theme really does give an Area Conquer & Control feel. Happy addition to my [already over-filled] shelves ~ Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with all. If you like abstract games you will love this game. I have only played 2 games thus far - 2 player - with the simpler of 2 card sets but look forward to a lot more playing time with this one.

One of the best purchases of 2011 in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an excellent game.

In my head so far it's like thematic, dynamic blokus with powers/abilities. Why blokus? Because in this game you play pieces to block other people and to enable your own pieces (but sometimes in both games your own pieces can get in the way too).

Thematic because your pieces have names and can only grab territory based on their powers. And their powers and speed are tied to the theme.

Dynamic because your pieces in this game spread influence by number speed. Imagine if in blokus a piece you layed down could grow in size and be worth more positive points on the board depending on what situations were around it.

But keep in mind I also describe Alien Frontiers as a sort of Yahtzee free for all with powers/abilities.

And I'll instantly buy it on iOS. Please consider the following for the iOS version:

support for iphone and ipod touches as well as ipad. I don't mind having to zoom in and out and/or pan.

monkeys are cool. (really I guess I just had 1 point but include monkeys if you like. can't hurt)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
It is an excellent game.

In my head so far it's like thematic, dynamic blokus with powers/abilities. Why blokus? Because in this game you play pieces to block other people and to enable your own pieces (but sometimes in both games your own pieces can get in the way too).

Thematic because your pieces have names and can only grab territory based on their powers. And their powers and speed are tied to the theme.

Dynamic because your pieces in this game spread influence by number speed. Imagine if in blokus a piece you layed down could grow in size and be worth more positive points on the board depending on what situations were around it.

But keep in mind I also describe Alien Frontiers as a sort of Yahtzee free for all with powers/abilities.

And I'll instantly buy it on iOS. Please consider the following for the iOS version:

support for iphone and ipod touches as well as ipad. I don't mind having to zoom in and out and/or pan.

monkeys are cool. (really I guess I just had 1 point but include monkeys if you like. can't hurt)

Support for both iOS types is planned and very far along in terms of work done. I'm playing against a (very bad) AI right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:

Oh yes they can.

Otherwise totally agree! Only got it to the table for the first time yesterday, but my impression so far is that this game is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Support for both iOS types is planned and very far along in terms of work done. I'm playing against a (very bad) AI right now!

That sounds great! Will there be online multiplayer - async and or live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

Yes, and yes. Online or face to face multiplayer. Or you can just watch four bots play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Jambo wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

Yes, and yes. Online or face to face multiplayer. Or you can just watch four bots play!

Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

Do you have any estimated date for availability of the iOS version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not ready to announce just yet, because we've still got some things to work out. We're near the testing phase now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pattemore
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of fealty yesterday, and it was tremendous. I expected it to be good, but it's even better than I expected. Great job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.