Subject: In Your educated experienced opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esa Junttila
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
I highly recommend you employ the following changes also when playing without the expansion:
- always 2 Invader cards per turn, regardless of the number of marines
- new wording on the Dud cards

FAQ:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Doom/doomfaq.p...

New expansion-related rules, for Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag, are half-baked in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base scenarios and deck are just over the top in terms of power for the Invader so using the Mods greatly increases the marines experience. My personal pick is:
- Training Forces (i think): Marines distribute their Skill Cards as they please, making a more optimal team and are more happy with what they can do
- Marines choose the turn order they play
- Fully Loaded: new weapons come with 1 ammo of it's type
- (Un)Ending Pistols: Guns don't expend ammo (although they need ammo to be used)

In general, everything that gives the marines more flexibility while still ensuring they will mercilessly die in the last room is a good thing for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:

In general, everything that gives the marines more flexibility while still ensuring they will mercilessly die in the last room is a good thing for the game.

This is always the best way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.