Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there is some discussion about the value (or not) of having two core sets. Is there a consensus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a clear consensus that we have no consensus (but I could be wrong about that).

Many people with two or three cores seem to be very happy with them. I have two and I recently ordered a third. One of the side benefits from having multiple cores (for the truly lazy) is you can have three or more encounters decks set up and ready to go.

If you were going into a competitive tournament then you might even want to have 3 cores for each player on your team, depending on what decks you are planning to use.

OTOH, one core is fine. In fact, with all the adventure packs, the "need" for multiple cores is reduced. If you are just starting out, I suggest you start with just one core. After you've played with it for a while (you can get a lot of mileage from just a single core) you will have a better idea if you want a 2nd or even a 3rd core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
OTOH, one core is fine. In fact, with all the adventure packs, the "need" for multiple cores is reduced. If you are just starting out, I suggest you start with just one core. After you've played with it for a while (you can get a lot of mileage from just a single core) you will have a better idea if you want a 2nd or even a 3rd core.

I think we, the consensusless people, can be in a bit of an agrement over this part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Igarka wrote:
BitJam wrote:

I think we, the consensusless people, can be in a bit of an agrement over this part.

I think we can be in a lot of agreement over that part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:

+1. Or buy the core set, play a bit, then purchase expansions. If you still feel a need for more core set cards, then get 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Miller
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
if you can get one for $20 it's nice to have the 15-25 cards you might actually deckbuild with as they seem to be the more valuable ones that we got shorted in the core :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Plummer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I purchased two core sets, primarily because I like to ppla with 4 people and have an opportunity to do so often.

Even with two core sets though I wanted multiples of several cards for deck building (Unexpected Courage, Gandalf, Horn of Gondor etc) So I just scanned those cards in, printed them out and slip them in a card sleeve with another card behind them. Works great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.