Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject says, do Missiles benefit from to-hit computers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghorro wrote:
As the subject says, do Missiles benefit from to-hit computers?

Yes. Missile hits are calculated the same way as any other dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A horde of Interceptors (say, seven of them), all armed with plasma missiles and a +3 computer can do very serious harm to an incoming fleet with no missiles of their own, no matter how outranked in initiative the Interceptors would have been, or how easily the enemy cruisers would have carved up the Interceptors (had those cruisers survived the first salvo).

I was facing cruisers that took SIX damage points to kill, but wiped them out with only average dice-rolling. So that's a big thumbs-up for plasma missiles combined with computers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes a lot of time and materials to build (and move!) 6+ interceptors. If your opponent is setting this up, you should be ready for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I was facing cruisers that took SIX damage points to kill, but wiped them out with only average dice-rolling. So that's a big thumbs-up for plasma missiles combined with computers!

Which does raise the question, "Is this build overpowered?" I don't know, but it's probably worth another thread to discuss fully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See

How to counter Plasma-Missile Interceptors
Is Plasma Missile a must-pick technology?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Research plasma, research computers, build a ton of interceptors... costs a lot of money to do that... can only defend so many places with that, or attack... you can also get missiles, no? And then, they are gone... and they can't do any other damage without a cannon. And they need to power them (not sure, I don't own the game, just thinking about how this could be balanced)... I mean, they get one shot and 2/3 chance of hitting, but then they do nothing, right? They can retreat, possibly... why not counteract them just by adding more hull strength and shields? Or missiles of your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Research plasma, research computers, build a ton of interceptors... costs a lot of money to do that... can only defend so many places with that, or attack... you can also get missiles, no? And then, they are gone... and they can't do any other damage without a cannon. And they need to power them (not sure, I don't own the game, just thinking about how this could be balanced)... I mean, they get one shot and 2/3 chance of hitting, but then they do nothing, right? They can retreat, possibly... why not counteract them just by adding more hull strength and shields? Or missiles of your own?

Missles require no power source. They hit 1/6 of the time if computers/shields are equal (and do 2 damage). Practically speaking, Shields only help counteract computers (since a 6 always hits regardless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.