Henrik Holm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
So currently Im playing Adventure 1 with Drizzt and he can amount quite a few attacks during his hero phase and my question is when do I actually get to pick up the treasure card if I slay multiple monsters in my hero phase.

Some treasures might be useful for use on Drizzts second attack so I've picked up treasure on the first kill so far. I cant find anything in the rules about when to pick it up.

I might have overlooked something. It seems more realistic for him to scavenge the corpses at the end of his hero phase though so I might be playing it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RAW suggests after the first kill. I believe it says something along the lines of when a hero destroys a monster gain a treasure.

We play that you draw at the end of your actions. So once you are done killing, you can loot one. This is just our house "rule".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes i agree with vay

though i usually pick the treasure card after drizzt finished attacking, on my thinking that while busy attacking monster, drizzt wont have much time to pick up and use the said treasure..

but off course any method is ok as long as its 1 treasure for each turn (no matter how many monster you dispatch)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've not used any healing surges, your heroes strut around like prima donnas, collecting treasure only after attacking all monsters.

If you've used a healing surge, your heroes go into survival mode and grab treasure as soon as they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
If you've not used any healing surges, your heroes strut around like prima donnas, collecting treasure only after attacking all monsters.

If you've used a healing surge, your heroes go into survival mode and grab treasure as soon as they can.

hehe nice one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But only one treasure per turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François V.
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)
We usually play that you must first fully process a card (example a power) before going to the next action or card. So for example, if a card allows to attack multiple times (or once multiple targets...), you must first manage all the attacks before collecting the treasure.

2)
That said, there are quite a number of house rules to avoid the automatic "you get the treasure". These are some of the ideas we played (actually, we play in campaign mode so we like to change things from one adventure to another to refresh the challenge):

a) The defeated monster drop the treasure token on a square adjacent to it, but non-adjacent to a Hero.

OR

b) When you place a monster on a tile during your exploration phase, place a treasure token below the monster figure. That token won't move even if the monster does. Note that in this case, you can grab the treasure even if you do not defeat the monster.

In each of the above cases, we add the following rule :
A hero must spend a move action to pick the treasure while on its square or on an adjacent square.

Since each of the previous rules make it harder to get treasures, we balance it by the following :
A hero must end a move action adjacent to another hero in order to give her a treasure and can only do so if he hadn't use the treasure since its previous turn.

Note that we use the treasure tokens from Wrath of Ashardalon (including gold pieces bags or tokens allowing to draw rom the treasure deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.