Subject: Conceal Markers and Decoys rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules say that at start a unit may be covered with a Conceal counter if it is in terrain that would entitle it to a positive terrain modifier. Does this mean that Vehicles may not be covered with a Counter because they don't benefit from terrain modifiers?

2. What happens if a Vehicle with a Concealment Marker is attacked by Artillery? Presumably the Concealment Marker cannot be removed because a Suppression result is not possible, but how much information about the Vehicle must be revealed to the opposing player in order to execute the attack?

3. Is it true that there is no such thing as a 'Vehicle Decoy' and that Decoys always take Artillery Fire using infantry modifiers? Presumably you can still position a Decoy to LOOK as if it is set up with a given firing arc.

4. Decoys can be moved like 'any other unit'. In fact is there any limit to their maximum movement as long as they don't reveal themselves, other than making it obvious that it is in fact a Decoy? (Hint: there must be a limit because of the capability of Decoys to act as 'known units').

5. If a known Decoy finishes a move in a hex with a Concealed unit, or vice versa, can I shuffle the two units to create uncertainty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. If they start in concealment terrain they can start with a conceal marker.

2. It really can't. Here is an excerpt from the rules:

Quote:
Vehicles and Guns may be covered with a Conceal marker and
have the marker removed in the same way as an infantry unit.
In addition, a Vehicle has its Conceal marker removed as soon
as it is in the LOS of an enemy unit, even if it is in concealment
terrain. Conceal markers are not removed until both sides have
completed set up.

3. Sure. I had not thought of it in those terms, but when you see a decoy/concealment marker, you roll an attack, compare it to the infantry firepower, and remove the conceal/decoy if you get a suppression result.

4. Obviously, any movement of a real unit is governed by the rules of the game. You lose the benefit of a decoy if you make it act outside of those rules.

5. Okay, I think I see where this is going now. If you go to the extreme you could pick up a decoy and put it anywhere and then shuffle the counters. The player would know one of the counters was a decoy, but would not know which one....no, that is not my intention. Any decoy needs to act within the limits of any units you have in the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. No. If they start in concealment terrain they can start with a conceal marker.

And concealment terrain is any terrain that would give a modifier to infantry.

Quote:
2. It really can't.

Artillery can scatter onto a Concealed Vehicle out of LOS. Or I can place an Artillery marker such that its blast radius includes a Concealed Vehicle out of LOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Well, I wanted to point that out just so that people are not misled. I don't want people to think that this is a normal thing. If it does scatter onto a concealed vehicle, you do what I said in three above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.