Hide
10 Posts

The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Getting Started rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nawi Llih
msg tools
I'm looking to get started at the LOTR TCG. However, a few points confuse me. Formost of these is the site cards. If I buy a Mines of Moria starter, do I get a complete site deck or not? If I don't, is it possible to get a complete one?
Secondly, would I get a ringbearer and one ring card or not?
I just know that these are neccessary for play, but I'm restricted in what I can actually get, with the combination of lack of game support and Living in Britain.
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if you get a starter deck, you'll have both a site path and a One Ring/Ring-bearer for one player.

Of course, to play with TWO people, you'll need two starters. But any of the starters will have the stuff you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nawi Llih
msg tools
Thanks for the help. My only con ern then is that it seems you will only get a 49-card draw deck then, but the minimum is sixty. Also, tbere are only 5 sites in the Mines of Moria set, so do Moria starters have Fellowship sites in them as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have hundreds of Fellowship Block (FotR, MoM, & RotEL) cards -- Commons, Uncommons, and Rares -- that I would be willing to send you for the cost of shipping :-)

You could also check out:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php

and

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nawi Llih
msg tools
Sorry, I have to reject the offer due to tax issues in Britain.

Do you know anything about the composition of mines of moria starters?
I'd really like a small collection because of how good the cards look, but being able to actually play would be a big bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there won't be quite enough cards in a starter deck to build yourself a regulation deck, but it's enough to . . . well . . . get started.

You absolutely can play the game with just the starter cards (you'll have enough of the aforementioned necessary cards: sites/ring/ring-bearer), but your deck will be just a little smaller than it should be. If you'd like to fix that problem, buying two of the same Mines starter should give you enough cards to make a regulation deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nawi Llih
msg tools
Thanks for the help everyone.
It looks like I'll be looking to gt Gandalf and Gimli Moria starters, a Legolas Helm's deep starter, and 4 packs oc Mines of Moria. Would this be good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd recommend you check out the Ebay listings, as I have seen several from the UK offering packs and lots at what seem to be very reasonable prices.

(I had pasted an example here, but it was a broken link for some reason. Just search for LOTR TCG and see what you can find.)

Here is the link for the store on Ebay that had the link:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

No affiliation.

Crispy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nawi Llih
msg tools
Sorry, but I have no access to eBay. The site I'm going to use can give me everything I mentioned earlier for about a fiver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Stehlik
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hey, I would be interested in those cards andy, could you give me a little more information?

Thanks
Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.