Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are several tweaks I've made to enhance my solo gaming pleasure.

Generally, insurgents will always do what hurts the allied units the worst. This is the principle of "Hurts the Worst." Whenever you are in doubt on what to do with an insurgent, use this principle.

This principle will evolve: let it. When I first started playing I thought that killing an allied unit was the worst, then I thought wounding the most units was the worst. Now I think killing the Demo is the worst, then the HWE, then wounding as many remaining units as possible. The point is, your idea of what "Hurts the Worst" will always be exactly what you need it to be when you let it change as you learn the game.

2.0 Key Terms
SQUAD: The rules say: A color grouping of allied units. My way: one squad is all you get in solo play.
CLOSEST: The rules say: For card play, this means proximity of an insurgent to an individual team not belonging to the player drawing the card. My way: first find the windows or doors anywhere that are the least number of spaces away from an allied unit. If there are two or more the same number of spaces, choose the space that hurts the worst. If you think it will hurt just as much no matter where you place the insurgent, think again. Consider how many cards you have left, which unit could be (or is likely) to be eliminated, etc. Also, every insurgent that can fire on an allied unit must fire on an allied unit after the Intel Card is resolved/completed.

7.0 Activation
My way: Activation and Movement are different. You "activate" a squad, team or unit by your intention to move and/or fire only the units in that squad or team or that one unit. You intend to do this before you draw an Intel Card. For Fire Rules, see 11.0 below. For Movement, you Move a unit by having it cross the line between spaces. As the unit moves across that line, you can change fire facing at will. If you move across three lines, you can change that unit's facing three times. Basically, you move and change facing simultaneously. And you can move any number of (or no) spaces, fire and continue moving without firing penalties.

9.0 Missions Defined
The rules say: Once the cards in your play deck have been played through once the scenario is over.
My way: the scenario ends when you have to draw a card but there are none left.

11.0 Fire Rules
Full strength allied units get +1 attack fire when firing from 1 space (adjacent) or 2 spaces away (one intervening space). Wounded allied units get no +1 this way.

Insurgent units get +1 attack fire when firing from an adjacent space.

Strategy: The fewer the cards, the more you have to stick together. Nothing other than the solitaire victory conditions matter. As long as one member of your team achieves the victory condition, you win. Otherwise, you lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff. Love the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Likewise I think this game system has so much potential, it just needs some slight tightening up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.