Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice Peter posts a lot, and he is credited as the designer of the expansions for the game. What about Nicco Carroll? Does he exist? Did he simply sell a design to Tablestar? I find it odd how little I can find about the listed designer, whereas the companies new owner is so active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Nico was the designer at TableStar games where I was working as the art director. We all worked on WoN but none any where close to Nico who conceived of the idea and created over 3 dozen versions of the game.

TableStar went out of business and I was lucky enough to buy the company with the caveat that I kept the entire line of games going.

Since then Nico has had very little input on the game even though I try to get him involved every time I do an expansion or have a difficult concept to work out. He has moved on.

I am trying in my own limited way to improve the game. I am working slowly on a v3 of the rules and another small expansion to the game. It will be available on e geek in 2012.

Anks, Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peteloaf wrote:
Hi,

Nico was the designer at TableStar games where I was working as the art director. We all worked on WoN but none any where close to Nico who conceived of the idea and created over 3 dozen versions of the game....

Since then Nico has had very little input on the game even though I try to get him involved...He has moved on.

Peter

I had a feeling that the circumstances were as you speak of. Though I really don't game anymore, I remember buying WON as what I thought as the logical zenith for ME in the economic euro category. I researched the purchase SO much, and actually repurchased the game after foolishly selling it due to my group not being receptive to it, and my later leaving.

I have gone over the rules so often, and I actually intend to play it as designed first, and then with the V2, and then introduce each expansion separately. I wonder if this will ever happen...the travails of geekdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.