2 Posts

Settlers of Catan: Gallery Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule differences between this and the regular version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G P
Canada
flag msg tools
Can anybody summarize the rule differences between this and the regular version? I have played this version a couple times without realizing that it was a "simplified" version, but I'm having a hard time finding any comparisons. I want to know if it is worth looking into buying the full version if I already have this one (assuming I don't want any expansions). What complications should I expect in the full version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Giuffrida
Italy
Catania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't any rule difference, I own it and played also on a friend's complete edition. The only difference is that the map is divided hexagon per hexagon, but it's not a really great difference, the map is already modular in our editions. The production number and ports are printed on the pieces, but you can fix it printing a file that's here on the bgg. Also this version is compatible only with Cities and Knights, as they don't add any hexagon (vs Seafares and Barbarian expansions) and cards are also small.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.