Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you can move from Central America to either South Americas.I might be wrong in that assumption but if I'm right:

Can you move from Yucatan or Oaxca to W South America or E South America via telegraph?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Eric, that is an incorrect assumption. The South American territories are not adjacent to Central America. This is mentioned in the FAQ.

MANIFEST DESTINY FAQ at GMT website

If you read 10.15 Streamships, the rule reads that Eastern and Western South America can only be reached via steamship.
This limitation indicates that the South American territories are not adjacent to anything. This is also confirmed by the map as the two territories are not physically touching anything nor have any ferry lines connecting them to anything.

The "only" in 10.15 is not entirely true as one could also reach the South American territories via airplane, e-commerce and wireless (as also noted in the FAQ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

That's kinda what I was thinking but was confused by 10.2 which says that they are adjacent.

So to be clear: South America can only be originally reached by Steamships. However you can move east (or west) once you have an established presence in one of them.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10.12, not 10.2 (at least in my ruleset) says the two South American territories are adjacent (typo on your part?)

South America may be reached not just by steamship, but also by the airplane or wireless attribute or e-commerce breakthrough. The FAQ clears this up. Once there, then yes you should be able to expand from one to the other without any assistance from purchases or breaktroughs.

As an additional note, remember if you are using steamship to go South America, remember the west coast/east coast limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.