Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is with most embarrassed apologies that I make this entry. I have been out of touch with nor warning to anyone due to extreme health issues. I have a disability that affects my head and it has slammed me to the floor for the past month (have not worked since 28 FEB 2009 - sight).

It bother mes to go a couple of weeks without having logged in. It bothers me much more to have hosed up a math trade, my own auction, my local guild (BoardGamers of Michiana, pbem games I have going, and whatever else I cannot even remember at the moment.

There are no good excuses for not keeping up. I can say that because I allowed myself to get overextended while not doing well and did not pull the plug in time to prevent problems. Thank you to a guys in our local guild who have stepped up an tried to keep me from totally screwing everyone. I do not intend for anyone to be hurt by all of this.

I will probably not check the geek again until sometime in mid January. I have an offering in the end of the year lottery (NOT games for geek gold) and will draw it as soon as possible to 01 JAN 2010 as I am physically able to do so.

God willing, I will be back.

Michael Hovan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your health issues, Michael.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something very similar happened to me four years ago, with mental health issues--hosing trades, the whole nine yards. I spent some extended time away (as shown by my supporter badges), for things to heal up. You're in my thoughts, and be well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlhovan wrote:

as soon as possible to 01 JAN 2010 as I am physically able to do so.

Sure about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he meant "if"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerri Mullis
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
sdmers wrote:
I think he meant "if"

I think he meant "2012."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.