Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: *News* ADF seeking Foreign Applicants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
They're actively recruiting those with the expertise, to supplement their existing regimen, so good luck to anyone that applied on this. cool

Australia National Defence
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Rome
SPQR
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"fast-tracked Australian citizenship as an incentive"
7 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikey! With my qualifications, I should be running their bloody military academies!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Butch Cassidy mentioned the idea...
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any BGGers are welcome to come stay with us and play a few games whilst they sit their entrance exams/interviews/physicals/etc

(limit 1 BGGer at a time, must be a wargamer [preferably with identical gaming habits], non-smoker, must like dog (we only have one to like), wallabies, and plenty of native birds).

8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
They're actively recruiting those with the expertise, to supplement their existing regimen, so good luck to anyone that applied on this. cool

Australia National Defence


This isn't the first time of course. During WWI about 15-20% of the Australian Imperial Force were British, including the famous John Simpson Kirkpatrick (the man with the donkey).

7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargamer204 wrote:
Crikey! With my qualifications, I should be running their bloody military academies!


If you can convince them that Tactics II and Kriegspiel are viable training techniques, I may just enlist myself...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
They're actively recruiting those with the expertise, to supplement their existing regimen, so good luck to anyone that applied on this. cool

Australia National Defence


This isn't the first time of course. During WWI about 15-20% of the Australian Imperial Force were British, including the famous John Simpson Kirkpatrick (the man with the donkey).


True - but they were people who had already emigrated to Australia before the war, I think.
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
Wargamer204 wrote:
Crikey! With my qualifications, I should be running their bloody military academies!


If you can convince them that Tactics II and Kriegspiel are viable training techniques, I may just enlist myself...


whistle

The ADFA (www.adfa.edu.au) library raises its collective eyebrows at my purchase requests, but to their credit they do get them in. Their biggest problem, apparantly, is how to catalogue them....

We just bought Lost Battles, for example! ninja
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Marsh
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will they take an old booger? I can out shoot, run and road march any 20 something year old kid, as long as it done via this keyboard.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Amnese wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
They're actively recruiting those with the expertise, to supplement their existing regimen, so good luck to anyone that applied on this. cool

Australia National Defence


This isn't the first time of course. During WWI about 15-20% of the Australian Imperial Force were British, including the famous John Simpson Kirkpatrick (the man with the donkey).


True - but they were people who had already emigrated to Australia before the war, I think.


Yep, conversely, I believe there were a few (mainly middle-class) Australians that enlisted with British units. They were seen to have more 'prestige' and 'tradition' (important values to middle class men at the time).
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.