J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings,

I noticed in the where to buy games in nz thread there was a site called urban games based in Kaiapoi.

Checked their site and they have 2 games listed as in stock that I'm keen on, that are "more or less" out of print, or somewhat difficult to get.

The prices are right, but its hard to tell how up to date the website is, and under their contact us details, there is no phone number or street address, and just an xtra email address.

So, has anyone had dealings with them, preferably recently, or have a phone number for them?

My avatar may be a sheep, but I dont want to get fleeced.

J.H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Greetings,

I noticed in the where to buy games in nz thread there was a site called urban games based in Kaiapoi.

Checked their site and they have 2 games listed as in stock that I'm keen on, that are "more or less" out of print, or somewhat difficult to get.

The prices are right, but its hard to tell how up to date the website is, and under their contact us details, there is no phone number or street address, and just an xtra email address.

So, has anyone had dealings with them, preferably recently, or have a phone number for them?

My avatar may be a sheep, but I dont want to get fleeced.

J.H.

They're okay. I've bought 1 game, possibly two from them but not recently- so maybe 2 years ago. They also came to Armageddon and had a stall.

The best place to find them is on TradeMe.

I thought someone told me they moved down from Auckland a few years ago...

edit - just checked I got my copy of Hermagor from them within the last 6 months, it was brand new in box at $40. It would be a bargain if I could get anyone to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sent them an email around 10ish yesterday got a reply around 3ish, which in itself is good service.

The 1 game that I thought was out of stock and really wanted is actually out of stock and they updated their website to reflect that

So it goes.

The other game is difficult to get so may place an order with them, will let you know how it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What games do you want? I know there are games retailers watching here....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The now out of print "Mall of Horror"

Sadly multiple copies of it languished in ToyWorld in Dunedin for months before they shifted sites, now not 1 to be seen.

Always meant to get it then found out its gone.

Good news theres a Mall of Horror 2 coming so might have to wait for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi James,

We have it for rent if you are interested in the mean time.

Peter
BoardGameRentals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:

Sadly multiple copies of it languished in ToyWorld in Dunedin for months before they shifted sites, now not 1 to be seen.

Yeah, as you say, it's out of print.

There are a couple of copies in the marketplace, but they aren't either cheap or close.

Have you tried eBay? Failing that, you may need to wait for the sequel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

Yeah, as you say, it's out of print.

There are a couple of copies in the marketplace, but they aren't either cheap or close.

Have you tried eBay? Failing that, you may need to wait for the sequel.

There's two in Australia listed for trade..... that's where I would start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Saggers
New Zealand
Paraparaumu
Kapiti Coast
flag msg tools
Kapiti Gaming Basterds - Leave your conscience and scruples at the door. Pants optional.
badge
Give me Ameritrash - or give me death.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to consider waiting for the revised 2nd edition. I had the original and sold it a couple of months ago. It's an ok game, but the rules definitely needed some work. It sounded really fun on paper, but never played out as we hoped. I'll be taking a look at the new version when it comes out and may pick it up again depending on what changes, if any, have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.