3 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Smoke, Aura and Augment questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K K
msg tools
Hi,

Does smoke stay in play and for how long? How do you mark hexes with smoke on them?

Augment skills. The rulebook states that you have to target allies with them, but the wording seems to suggest that you have to roll a normal attack against the allied character. Is this true, or do augment "attacks" hit automatically?

Auras. I know they move with the character, but when do they apply the bonus? Does the target figure have to be in range of the aura at the moment of its (the targeted model's) activation or for the whole time of its' activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 19 of the rulebook

Unless the action indicates otherwise, its effects always last until the beginning of the model's next activation, or if the model is removed from play.

So all the figures that can produce Smoke (Flingers and Riftling Rouge) will have their Smoke on until they are removed or activated next turn.

All current augments are listed as special actions which do not require die rolls and automatically hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klip Twings
msg tools
Konzik wrote:
Auras. I know they move with the character, but when do they apply the bonus? Does the target figure have to be in range of the aura at the moment of its (the targeted model's) activation or for the whole time of its' activation?

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question, but here's an example: Dragon Priest activates Dragon Rage aura, then moves forward and attacks a hero with normal melee attacks (instead of using magic attacks) for the rest of it's actions. The Dragon Rage aura is active the moment the Dragon Priest activated it, but it followed the Priest when he moved -- so any kobolds who were originally in range of the aura before he moved no longer benefit from it if he moved so far that the aura no longer reaches them -- in order for them to benefit they have to move back within range of it during their activation before they attack. The aura stays active until the Dragon Priest activates again during the next round (or until he is killed)... so the Dragon Priest could activate at the beginning of this round and use Dragon Rage, then not activate again until the end of the following round -- letting all the kobolds within range get to benefit from the effects twice (except for the actual Dragon Priest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.