Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick (and what may be entirely daft question) but is the main board art shown in the videos and images prototype art?

I'm assuming so, as some bee-yoo-ti-ful images for the colony cards have started to appear, but just wanted clarification. Would be a shame to have something that looks so...functional in front of you for 2-3 hours or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board in the video is not the final version but I think it is very similar to what the final board will look like.
Here is a comparison pic between the old tile (on the right) and a new tile (on the left) posted be Eric A Martin (don't know if this will be the final look though):

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1177094/exile-sun

I really like the new version but I don't know if this was the change you were looking for but just have a look at the pic above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Help us get Ship Miniatures on Kickstarter! Deadline Feb 10th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, even the more recently posted tiles are prototypes. They are rather quick rendering of a new style we're working on.

I simply applied the new style to the older image. The final which we will happily show you, should have smoother edges and a more nebula-like overall look.

The board is not large though. Each tile is 7 inches across, so that means at the largest the board is 21". With the amount of information that must be delivered in that small space, we will have to lean towards a bit of functionality, but I'm looking forward to packing as much theme as possible in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful! Thanks for the quick replies. I think the new style looks better- has more of a "tactical overlay" look about it with it's muted colours. The star field/nebula in the background definitely helps too.

One final question: Will the hexes have a star field on the back? I was thinking that when the hexes are flipped over when not being used (when there are less that 6 players) it would look better than just plain black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Help us get Ship Miniatures on Kickstarter! Deadline Feb 10th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter campaign just broke 20k which means each kickstarter order will have the 'Race for the Gate' Expansion.

If you look at the board above you will notice some tiles with only half the hexes filled. These tiles will be used for vacant players, so there will no longer be blank black tiles when less than 6 people are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.