Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

Just got this and played it for the first time. Is there a limit to the number of tents on a space? We house-ruled that there could only be the climber limit number of tents in a single space, although I can't find an explicit rule.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvydas Kazlauskas
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I don't own the game, so can't check the rules.
Anyway, we always played without any limitations for tents, and I'm sure the guy who taught us knows the game really well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Bartos
Poland
Gdańsk
Pomorskie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules: "a given space may contain more then one tent." (or something like that in paragraph about "Placing a tent"

so there is no limit in tents on one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Groth
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zedd9 wrote:
...so there is no limit in tents on one place.
True. It doesn't really match up with the idea of a location being a limited space.

But remember that the limit on climbers still applies, even if some (or all) of the climbers are in tents, and even if two climbers from the same team are in the same tent,

Limiting the tents on a space could be a decent variant to try if the game is getting too easy I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Or add the expansion: K2: Broad Peak wherein tents are not used and climbers have to dig Ice Caves that will disappear with time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the replies. We'll try it with no limitation on tent number. It certainly wasn't too easy although we've only played once. My sister's and my own climbers all perished on the way down from the summit. The winners just sat in tents at mid-height and waited for us to die!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The winners just sat in tents at mid-height and waited for us to die!

Unthematical at all.

In K2 the scoring is just a measure to find a winner for those who play to win.
When a climber dies it's really easy for the opponent to win by playing mediocre.
Think of the climbers say "Hey let's not climb at all. Let's wait for the others to die instead."

P.S. There is no limit to the number of tends in a space.
Also having 2 tends of the same colour in the same space gives you no advantage and there is no meaning in doing this. Both mountaineers of the same colour can use one tend if both are at the same spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.