Jed Roguski
United States
Dumfries
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a teacher store locally that is unfortunately going out of business. I managed to pick up a few cools things that I thought might make for a unique little PnP setup:
-3 9x12 magnetic dry-erase boards
-Sheets of printable magnet.
-Full sheet mailing labels.
-Several forms of laminate.

My thought in picking these up was to print off a board on the labels, affix to the steel board, laminate the stickered board for dry-erase goodness, and print the pieces on magnet for a final product that can be played and moved without the pieces sliding about.

So there it is. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
cool

Get busy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pocket Civ?

You can make the lands from the magnetic dry-erase boards, and mark the different data on them directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Roguski
United States
Dumfries
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at Pocket Civ, and it seems more modular than what I had in mind. I'm more looking for something without a lot of additional components, just the board and the tokens and perhaps dice. The materials don't lend themselves to modularity like Catan (or pocket Civ it seems).

I hope I'm not being too specific, but I only get the one shot at these . I appreciate the suggestion and look forward to more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean that the magnetic boards cannot be but to the complex map shapes?

My idea was that you print and cut the map tiles, make a white magnetic board on which you will attach the tiles while leaving space for tracking the game. You will need to print the 18 main event cards and you're done. You can either print magnetic tokens or just mark directly on the magnetic parts. You will get an eye-candy game that can be played during train or air travel. It's also quite good too

Otherwise you can go for a travel RoboDerby Express, but then the white erasable boards are quite useless.

Enjoy

ragudaddy wrote:
I just looked at Pocket Civ, and it seems more modular than what I had in mind. I'm more looking for something without a lot of additional components, just the board and the tokens and perhaps dice. The materials don't lend themselves to modularity like Catan (or pocket Civ it seems).

I hope I'm not being too specific, but I only get the one shot at these . I appreciate the suggestion and look forward to more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Roguski
United States
Dumfries
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
regex wrote:
Do you mean that the magnetic boards cannot be but to the complex map shapes?

My idea was that you print and cut the map tiles, make a white magnetic board on which you will attach the tiles while leaving space for tracking the game. You will need to print the 18 main event cards and you're done. You can either print magnetic tokens or just mark directly on the magnetic parts. You will get an eye-candy game that can be played during train or air travel. It's also quite good too

Otherwise you can go for a travel RoboDerby Express, but then the white erasable boards are quite useless.

Enjoy

AH!! That does make more sense . I could do that maybe for a later project, but I don't think the tiles would fit on a 9x12 surface. I could lay it across several of the boards, but that defeats the purpose of having the little portable ones I'll have to put Pocket Civ on my short list of future projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.